1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] James Harden's Los Angeles Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 30, 2023.

1. ExTexanNowEastCoast

They did make the finals.

2. ExTexanNowEastCoast

The West a slaughterhouse? I don't see it. You have a lot of teams with dumb owners (cough, Suns, cough) that made dumb trades and overpaid for players, and then you have old teams like the Lakers and Warriors. Who else? I mean the Kings could take the next step forward, but they could just as easily fall back. Same for the Jazz, T Wolves and Grizzlies.

To me, its the Nuggets, Clippers, and Lakers or Warriors. Suns are overrated.

3. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Happen to Gary Payton. He still made a contribution to that 2006 Heat team. He hit a go ahead 3 pointer in game 6 if I recall. Great way to cap off a career. Also, I love the fact that he got a ring and Malone didn't. Especially when you consider that 2003-2004 Lakers team was pretty good until the Malone started getting hurt and hitting on Kobe's wife after he had his issue in CO. Payton was the only dude who stayed professional and did not bad mouth any one. Funny considering the media made him out to be some troublemaker.

Invisible Fan and Williamson like this.
  4. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Morey. ;)

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As Rockets general manager, Morey acquired Harden via a trade with the Thunder in October 2012. “Look, I think time heals,” Morey said of the relationship. “He wanted to be traded and we did follow through on what he wanted … Honestly, I think he chose to handle things certain ways that I wouldn’t have. “He might feel the same about us, that we should have moved quicker or whatever. Look, he’s a great player and he’s going to do great things for the Clippers. P.J. as well. I’m glad they’re in the West.”
    Source: Keith Pompey @ The Philadelphia Inquirer

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is the Ugliest Baby .....out there.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not at the top but in the middle of the standings.

#268 daywalker02, Nov 2, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  9. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

It's more like if Kawhi is healthy which is the biggest question mark for that team because Harden/PG duo alone can't carry the Clippers far in the playoffs.

10. cbass

cbass Member

Chris Paul

Left Block Problem 74 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has set high standards for his friends and his comrades in arms......

12. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Lol, Morey says it's not how he would have handled it. That pretty much IS how he handled it here.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

One CP3 hammy. One CP3 hammy.

We would've still had to go through Boston, but a shame the NBA didn't think the Rockets without CP3 were sexier for ratings than the dynasty-popular GSW. "Reaching the NBA Finals" or "winning an NBA title" would have changed the narrative around James Harden quite a bit. Now he's the new-team-every-season dude.

Plowman likes this.
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Westbrook has said in the past that he legitimately can't grow facial hair. Like his face doesn't grow hair for some reason.

Harden has changed his look a bunch of times with various haircuts.

PG also has altered the length of his hair throughout the years.

End of the day, I don't care at all. But it's just a weird thing to notice. It is what it is.

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Thats cause everyone knows yer trash, James! Gotta be desperate or delusional to what that cancer in yer clubhouse...
    Adding Hard-on and his nuthugger PJ has officially made the Cilppers the team i most hope to see crash n burn! Heck, those mifits cant even beat an old a** LeBron... lol!

jim1961 likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Yep 1 hammy... OR... a 'superstar' that didnt shrink at the challenge when his co-star went down...
    Everyone puts it on CP3's hammy... but really, we had a lead... if James werent fools gold and stepped up we still shoulda won that game... Then it all became about the laziness of MDA and Harden as both were content to heave ill advised 3s ad nauseam...

evrybody puts it on CP3 hammy... and yes if CP3 hadnt gone out we prob woulda won... but we STILL coulda won - if James werent such a pu**y... imo.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

You know its bad when the Rockets hater Reggie Miller is calling out the missed calls.

These missed calls accounted for up to 21 points between blatant missed calls (13 points left off the board for Harden). As a results, Harden would have scored 45 points that night - and you wouldn't be sitting here calling those 3's ill-advised.

With all that being said.... you're right it's not on CP's hammy, and i'm still glad Rockets did not bring Harden back.

#277 waytookrzy079, Nov 2, 2023
    corrado likes this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden's career stats by team

Screenshot_20231102-164641_Instagram.jpg

20. i3artow i3aller

#280 i3artow i3aller, Nov 2, 2023