1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith Jr.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by austinite, Apr 25, 2023.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Funny, because Ime actually came out and said there was a player he was trying to hide on defense this game and it wasn't Jabari.

So the data isn't saying so, the coach didn't say so, so maybe you saw wrong.

2. MystikArkitect

He was the only player Steph couldn't J in the face in crunch time. +12 on the day and played his best game. Not sure what people are up in arms about with Jabari Smith today. He was fine.

3. invocux

invocux Member

So Ime is wrong. It happens he isn't god.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If he was so bad, please explain how he played 34 minutes that resulted in +12 in a 11-point loss?

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, I'll be trusting the coach who coached a team to the finals more than a CF poster...and the advanced stats.

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

He shot 6-12 tonight but he missed 3 shots he has to make on a consistant basis.

7. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

People are pissed that we drafted the best shooter in the draft who can't shoot

J Sizzle and invocux like this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Bari improving. Will be interesting to see what things look like 20 games in.

BaselineFade, JayGoogle and tinman like this.
  9. invocux

invocux Member

He has been horrible on both ends so far this season and fans see that. He knows it too that's why he looks discouraged, almost depressed in post game interviews. You'd see it too if you stopped hanging by his balls. His dick probably blocks your vision.

cml750 likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nice come back!

Again, I'll rely more on the coach's experienced opinion and advanced stats over emotional fans like yourself that don't know a damn thing about defense.

Prince_Hakeem and cbass like this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He needs to be a deadeye shooter.

How did he lose this?

12. invocux

invocux Member

Draymond got past Jabari in one possession it was horrible again on Looney he was guarding Draymond in the corner as if DG is some sharpshooter. There were instances where he looked lost. He was better than the other day but by no means he was good enough. He's not good enough. Those rtards were hyping up his defense all year in college and that's what we have to watch every 2 days.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When we play OKC and it’s Jabari vs. Chet
    Clutchfans will go crazy

yeah Wemby is better but he’s suppose to be

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And this is always what I hear about when it comes to Jabari's defense "There was this one play!" I mean yeah, even all world all time defenders get beat. Even by crappy offensive players sometimes.

I do not think Jabari's defense was a problem tonight. Even if it was, it would not be terrible as you're making it to be because otherwise he would not have had the best +/- of the team tonight or the best netrtg which basically says that the team was playing well tonight with Jabari on the court.

My point is this, yall picked the wrong night to say Jabari was terrible. He was no where close to being the worst Rocket tonight.

The first game he likely was, the 2nd game he was frustrating because he missed 3 big shots basically, tonight was not the night. He was not amazing to be sure but he was not close to being the problem tonight. He shot the best on the team and had the best drting, plus minus, most of the teams rebounds, steals like...tonight just isn't the night to go on about how bad he is.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You do know "so far this season" is three games, right? That's a huge sample size to make conclusive evaluation. ;)

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Happy with Jabari's bounceback. He has a long way to go defensively, but I think Udoka will figure out what to do with him.

I would like to see him attempting WAY MORE threes.

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This was the shot that got all the GSW fans in Toyota Center going nuts last night.

The joke is not on Dillon Brooks. He was the one actually trying hard.

WTF was J Smith doing on the floor and guarding Draymond on top of the arc and just watching and never rotated for any helps or double team Curry?

That’s why I said the numbers this guy put up are so empty.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  18. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

The guy is averaging 22% from 3 and is 50'th in the league for 3 points attempted (6 per game). I'm not sure Jabari throwing up more bricks is the way to go.

invocux and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think Jabari is ass, but I think that is correctable. Looks like he thought curry would take the screen. Even Draymond didn’t know what Steph was doing. He tried the reset the screen for a slip and almost got in his way.

He definitely could have gotten in better position to offer more help there as the play developed.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Since many seasons ago, almost no team will try to guard Draymond from the arc anymore, I think even Draymond himself had made a joke on TNT about it. So this is the starting point, if Smith will blame this on his coach, I can still give him credit for it.

But when Dillon was flying left and right and you know Curry was on fire with his 3s at that time and never had any desire to help out, that’s just very poor basketball IQ.