1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets are 0-3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xaos, Oct 29, 2023.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Sounds horrible, I know.

For the fans who thought we would be a play-in team you've come down a little, but I hope you will still show support. It's not as bad as it seems. We really were never projected to be a play-in team this season, but that should absolutely be the expectation next season. This season... not so much.

For those who only think in terms of wins and losses, I don't care about you so say what you're going to say. You probably don't have your own life together and depend on a Rockets win in order to be happy for the night until the next game. If you're an older longtime fan, I understand... you get a pass. You want to win now and have waited a while since our last championship.

For everyone else, this team has improved a lot from last year and they are building some great fundamental things that they can build on. There's a lot of uncertainties this year, but Ime is the right guy to help navigate through those uncertainties.

Please post the things you've seen the Rockets improve on (now or as the season progresses). For me the ball movement and defensive intensity has improved a ton.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

First game was a train wreck.

But the last two games showed a baseline competence in defense that just didn't exist last season.

3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno about anything else, but having the game threads be so active has been fun.

If Clutchfans was a player our numbers would be way up to start the season :p

Now THAT’S improvement

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hahaha have been neurolyzed......

But I have that image somewhere in my head of 4th Quarter choking.....

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I haven't seen an improvement in a damn thing that will contribute to consistent wins .. And I'm one of the optimistic ones on here..

JusBleezy, fryjol7, Corrosion and 5 others like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe they win more if we stop watching some of the games.

JusBleezy likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

Honestly that's absurd. The amount of ball disruption this team does at the point of attack defense and on switches is just on multiple levels higher than last season. It's the Warriors. A 1 minute lapse in your off ball switches can end the game. But overall yes there is a significant baseline improvement on defense that will carry over for the rest of the season.

9. fattz

fattz Member

Last year the third quarter was where things would always fall apart, now it’s the fourth. Maybe soon things just won’t fall apart anymore.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thread title needs a (Calm Down) in it

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The things we need to improve on can fill up the Library of Congress. If I had to pick just 5 right now though, they would be the following:
    • Box out for rebounds. I feel like I been screaming this at the TV for the last 4 years at least.
    • Stop playing Green over Whitmore, like seriously... 21 minutes from Uncle Green? WTF?!
    • Run a couple of elbow curls for Bari early to try and get him confident. He rides confidence waves way harder than I thought he would.
    • Have JG4 take more middies or scheme plays for him where he could. His shot seems a lot better after he gets in rhythm after hitting some.
    • No more complaining to refs. You complain to a ref, you get fined $100.

Dobbizzle, Arnel and saleem like this.
  12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

The bar is set so low that if they stay close, it's a step in the right direction.. I'm looking at teams that were just as bad as us , record wise, get Ws and play good basketball through the whole game. Not just in spurts.. But that's absurd?

Corrosion and daywalker02 like this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

don grahamleone, cbass, Arnel and 3 others like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Your concern is reasonable, stay the course.

xaos and javal_lon like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At least Wemby is getting destroyed by the Clippers and Russ.

javal_lon likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Champ they're actually quite similar champ

Champ

17. fchowd0311

[.
    And I'm watching the games.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

My thoughts on the game tonight against GSW :

1. Dillion Brooks is a very good and smart player, he plays hard and also smart, yes he had a bad rep and some of those calls actually are bullcraps, but he creates more chances for his teamates when he was on the floor than our other 130 mils FA, he is worth every pennies we paid him.

2. No. 1 and No. 4, their games are very similar, and very exposive, sooner or later, the Rockets will need to make a choice to keep one only.

3. Sengun played very hard and very efficient, but no, he is not a franchise player, you can't build around him to win a championship.

4. Do NOT play Jeff Green, its waste of time and we should give more chance to our young players.

5. Cut Bullock, such a wasted spot in the roster.

6. FVV, if he can not turn it around and play much better, our season is done.

7. J Smith Jr is a bust, the team should just move on to develop other yound talents.

8. Trade Tate for a bag of chips if you can find an offer, he is not our future.

HardenReturns likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

On the bright side, they are on pace for having a shot at yet another top 5 pick. Maybe they can finally hit on one.

fryjol7 and KingSamJack like this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Which teams are you talking about? Orlando and OKC have their own superstar and we don't. Pistons and Hornets are in the Eastern conference, they don't face contenders almost every match. Spurs have the one win against us in OT and currently are getting blown out just like we did.

The bolder part doesn't make any sense, it's all subjective. What makes "good basketball"? It's absurd since you just see what you want to see.

Golden State is a contender. They have 5 possible all stars or former all stars on that team Curry, Klay, Draymond, Cp3 and Wiggins. To only lose by 11 pts is a sign of playing good basketball otherwise they would have been blown out.

Apart from Orlando which was horrible the Rockets have actually been playing well. Too bad they lost an overtime game and they face contenders the next 20 games or something. Deal with it.