1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 10/27/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 26, 2023.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Damn Jabari looks tiny compared to Sengun in this.

Is Sengun saying, “hey coach put his ass on the bench!”? Oh, he was encouraging him, the irony.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good game, we are young make poor decisions under pressure but we will get better.

DD

3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yes man, that did happen a couple of times, and I am not saying it is the only thing we have to run all season. Why are you so focused on the couple of times it didn't work, instead of the several times it led to great offense???.
    We didn't. It didn't loose us the game. Ime was trying to win. I don't have an issue with the fact that the Spurs read the passing lanes a couple of times. Sengun was extremely effective with the ball all night.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He was not though?

Look, I've done this before, like over 90% of all star players take at least 3 years to develop, some take longer.

With Jalen, it is fair, it is his 3rd year, we want to see some major growth this year. The others though are rookie and sophomores, if you expect them to be star players then that's just not wise. Outside of generational guys, most normal star players take time to develop. It's just how it is and how it has always been.

Most wise people do not judge drafts until 5 years after for this reason.

Stephen_A, HD729, Arnel and 1 other person like this.
  5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yeah it was great. But apparently because it lead to a few turnovers we shouldn't call it more than once in a row.

Arnel and MadMax like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Look I'd rather he not average 7 apg and 6 tpg. He was still the best offensive player tonight.

But the turnovers were a result of a predictable spammed action. That's my point.

7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Then it's up to Udoka, his teammates, and most importantly himself to rebuild that confidence. Is this going to be the beginning of the end for Jabari? Or is this going to be where he digs down and works even harder at his craft?

Here's where he's lucky. He has a long leash on this team. One ****ed up game does not a career make, so he has plenty of chances to redeem himself.

I would like to see him crawl out of the pit of despondency. I think he'll be ok.

DeBeards, Arnel and Easy like this.
  8. fchowd0311

How about 3 times in a row and not 8?

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Ok. We should max out at 7 in a row.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's just ridiculous and frustrating to me that professional basketball players don't put enough effort into mastering a simple free throw. Nobody should be missing half their free throws when they are paid to play in the NBA. Nobody! It's just laziness.

Arnel, PeterKingX and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

We should have movement and variation in our offense. We have a worse offensive rating this year than KPJ and Green led offense.

I'm kinda disappointed in the lack of variation in our offensive sets. Off ball movement seems to be the same as last year also.

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

KJ outside of the clippers rotations. Maybe we can get him back.

13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Good ass teammate. And I also say that because Alpi seems to grab his teammate's asses with alarming frequency. He got FVV today...

But for real, when you're feeling like **** on the court, someone having your back is always a good feeling

DeBeards, Patience, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Alpi needs to just punch that kid in the throat and end it. Jabari won't be saying **** after that.

Downtown Sniper and Jontro like this.
  15. PeppermintCandy

Damn, some of these posts here are pretty nasty, but I guess that's to be expected after a tough loss.

Still, they showed improvement from the first game, as well as a lot of grit and desire to win.

Smith's probably hurting after not being able to make at least one late FT, but he and the Rockets will have better days.

Easy, HD729 and Arnel like this.
  16. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

We definitely are watching the same game...seeing the same thing.

17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Are you seriously comparing 2 games of this team to a disgusting empty numbers chucking offense? This team has a lot of growing to do, but they should not be mentioned in the same sentence as KPJ - Green. Cmon man

Arnel likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't say he WON the DPOY, I said his defense was that caliber, but I probably should have said "All Defense team caliber". The Bucks didn't have to wait 3 years for him to stop being a complete embarrassment like apparently the Rockets have to wait for Jalen....that's why I said it's a bad comparison.

If Jalen keeps looking this bad, he probably won't be on the Rockets for his 5th year.

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If they even can't make damn free throw, they will lose spot in NBA quickly.

20. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

No! Bringing in an old, fat, overrated has-been who loves to party and will set a terrible example for our young players is not the solution!

Arnel likes this.