1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Mccarthy kicked out as Speaker of house as congress becomes paralyzed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 3, 2023.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

That's only a contradiction if you can't understand that Trump sometimes says things that are not true. I further elaborated that Trump liked to disagree with other people and see his underlings squabble, but what he didn't like was anyone getting in his way, including Congressional pushback or gridlock.
    I don't speak for @Commodore, when I talk about congressional gridlock, I don't mean dragging things out and then raising the debt ceiling or passing a continuing resolution, I mean refusing to pass anything I don't agree with, and accepting that the opposition is free to do the same in the other chamber and that the result will be nothing contentious passing at all.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

in one post you said trump didnt want chaos and in another post you said he liked chaos. despite your attempt at playing your usual semantics games, the fact remains that your claim that i was contracting myself is false. you are the one who contradicted yourself as i showed in my previous post.

and yes, trump is a pathological liar and also an authoritarian wanna-be dictator.

do you think the president should be able to do whatever they want? do you believe in our democracy and our system of checks and balances?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. StupidMoniker

You literally quoted the same post twice, called it a lie the first time (#372), and then said yes the second time (#374).
    Yes, he didn't want chaos and gridlock, despite saying he liked chaos, because he wanted things to smoothly go his way.
    No, that is why I am pro-gridlock and Trump was anti-gridlock. They are completely opposite.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

the few moderates in the house are so incredibly unlikely to ever work up the balls to stand up to a MAGA agenda from the speaker.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Now we got an election denying, conspiracy loving, Jesus freak as speaker.

DD

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

yes i quoted the same post twice, but there was no contradiction in anything i said. in post #372 i pointed out that you were lying (which you admitted that you were) and in #374 i said "yes, trump was an authoritarian wanna-be dictator who hates our democracy and our constitution." again, there was no contradiction in my posts and ill point out again that youre the one who is contradicting yourself when you said trump "didnt want chaos and gridlock" in post #370 and then in post #376 said "Trump said he liked chaos and infighting in his administration". make up your mind dude!

he said he liked chaos and infighting. there is nothing to debate there. he said it and his presidency was full of chaos and infighting.

as for your claim that he didnt like gridlock, thats not true either. if he didnt get his way he would throw a temper tantrum and shut it all down or in the case of january 6th, just set fire to it all. he was the one who called for a government shut-down last month. if thats not calling for gridlock than i dont know what is.

#386 jo mama, Oct 26, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  7. StupidMoniker

I admitted to lying?
    I'm sorry you can't understand why my statements were not contradictory.
    Anyone that opposed him he fired. If he wanted any views opposing his own, why did he fire them?
    He doesn't want gridlock when he is president. He is happy to call for blocking Biden, I'm sure.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Republicans keep writing the 2024 campaign ads for Democrats.

ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Herp derp okay

The thing that strikes me is just how straight up DUMB most of these guys are.

There are 2 variants of Republicans - guys who went to fancy schools like Hawley, Cruz, DeSantis, Vance etc who pretend to be dumb and think it makes them smart..

..And the majority, guys like this who are just dumb, bad at their jobs or anything outside of the sociopathic taxonomy of the MAGA party, but due to circumstances stumble into positions of power

10. edwardc

edwardc Member