1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 10/25/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2023.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Fūck you Stephen Silas

Surfguy, Tfor3, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how'd this thread reach 100 pages???? that won't last long :cool:

ramotadab likes this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

I didn’t say a single thing about Sengun. Jabari and his fans need to worry about himself, they have no room to be pointing fingers at anyone else. Learn how to shoot better than 30% and guard a shadow before speaking on any of his teammates fool.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

JayGoogle, Tfor3, Roxoff and 6 others like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this guy gets it Picard.jpg

Tfor3, HP3, ramotadab and 2 others like this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Replaying the game for the first time. First possession, we haven't even secured the rebound and Jabari is sprinting full court for a jump shot. First defensive possession, Bari doesn't fight thru a fightable screen and watches Jalen Suggs drain a three in front of his face, doesn't bother to raise his hand.

ramotadab, Dredd and PeterKingX like this.
  7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Great post!

Jontro likes this.
  8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Great post!
    You had bench depth in KMJ and FREAKING GAVE HIM AWAY!!!!!!!

justinh, Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  9. 34to11

34to11 Member

Good old reliable CF
    [​IMG]

Believe It!, Tfor3 and Patience like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This just shows you how soft Summer League, G-League, Pre-season are.

If teams really cared, the opposition is very different.

You got swarmed in regular games, you get wide open space during Preseason.

ramotadab and Dredd like this.
  11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Jabari's defense is vastly overrated.
    He didn't show any highlight on defense this game. Just soft... His offense? Lol.

cheke64 and Dredd like this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Sengun needs a pitbull beside him and not a shitzu. Our defense and rebounding problems start at the front court.

ramotadab and PeterKingX like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well that was... bad lol. Don't think a single player played "well" except Segun for the first half and FVV and Brooks for like a 3 min stretch in the 3rd.

We're gonna see how good of a coach Ime is over the next few weeks if he can get these guys to improve their effort and discipline. Some of the young guys (Jalen, Jabari, even Amen) will obviously have better games so not gonna knee jerk. Especially Jalen and Jabari, feels like they are uncomfortable out on on the floor and trying to find their role in the offense.

The most disappointing thing was defense, they should be more consistent on that end night-to-night. Better see some improvement in the next couple months.

Lol you forgot how bad the last three years were already?

ramotadab likes this.
  15. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Disappointed in the showing from both Jabari and Jalen but not going to overreact to the first game.

Pleasantly surprised with the play of D. Brooks and Fred V.

Amen is not ready for regular season NBA competition yet.

16. aristophanes34

Are you using the plural form of 'bussy?'

17. HP3

HP3 Member

I believe in Jalen, but man I wish we were able to get Cade ....:(

BamBam likes this.
  18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Many disappointments, probably none more disappointing than Jabari. He ain't a power forward. If he can't find his stroke and defend better as a 3-and-D small forward, I don't see a role for him. Hope Udoka tries playing Landale or Green or even Boban with Sengun; otherwise, it's going to be a rebounding shitshow all season long.

Disappointed for, not in, Amen. I think he might've been jittery. I still see the physical tools and potential.

Jalen Green is fool's gold. I'd rather see Tate at the two.

We have nothing to lose by giving the Nates meaningful minutes.

PeterKingX and cheke64 like this.
  19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He was -17 and shot 0% for the Clippers last night. They might give him away too.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the point is the team was not good defensively last night. Pointing out one guy and going on about his bad defense ain't it. Paolo didn't even have a good game to cook anyone either. Cole Anthony was the main guy cooking the team over and over again and if you listen to Ime that's on not fighting on screens and the bigs (INCLUDING SENGUN) not closing the space and giving him too much space to launch floaters. That's from Ime. Not from me, not from anyone else, but the coach.

The fact is though this board is a mess. Everyone is a player fan with narratives to run the moment players have a bad game the usual player fans come out and hammer that player while they can then with this junk.

Sengun had a decent game (only relatively) but I'd be far from celebrating it in this particular losing effort. What I wouldn't be doing is hammering one player on the team then providing cover for another player on the team and you are providing cover from him because that particular poster @AuburnRocket already admitted that Jabari stunk last night but apparently he can't say that Alpi was bad defensively last night either without also saying Jabari did too?

The defense stunk, Jabari didn't help it, but Sengun did not either. That Cole Anthony was getting off those floaters and middies was because there wasn't help coming over to challenge him.

But Paolo wasn't even good last night, barely even shot, so I don't know where you are getting that he cooked anyone. He had like two solid drives a nice pass and otherwise was just out there.

AuburnRocket, Easy and ramotadab like this.