1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith Jr.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by austinite, Apr 25, 2023.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

"You know what the difference between hitting .250 and .300 is? It’s 25 hits. Twenty-five hits in 500 at-bats is 50 points, OK? There’s six months in a season. That’s about 25 weeks. That means if you get just one extra flare a week, just one, a gork, a ground ball — a ground ball with eyes! — you get a dying quail, just one more dying quail a week and you’re in Yankee Stadium. You still don’t know what I’m talking about, do you?"

harold bingo likes this.
  2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Bull Durham

OremLK likes this.
  3. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think with his speed, athleticism and slight frame his go to should be jumping on their back like a spider monkey. It will slow them down and throw them off balance and he can hop off before the refs can see it. I'm talking about Jalen here.

#103 Rokman, Oct 22, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still talking basketball?

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Fans will remember those first years also.
    Less fondly than Jabari I think.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I found a lot to be optimistic about but in terms of talent and execution they were among two the worst consecutive seasons in NBA history. One of the ugliest tank jobs ever. That’s why I don’t blame the coaches and players for losing motivation towards the end. It’s a miserable situation, we took it slightly too far.

If we got what we needed out of it and the young guys step up their development, it will have been worth it. We need roughly two players worth the max or 3 all star level players. Everything else will be easy to assemble over time. I think we got it. Green, Amen, Sengun I would bet money will all be at least borderline All Stars.

All three of them just really have to step their 3pt efficiency/volume and try hard on defense. They are still inexperienced and young. Typically players are closer to their mid 20’s when they’re ready to lead a playoff team. I’m really looking forward to seeing these guys once the new concepts and system becomes second nature to them. The coaching staff will work on their shot mechanics too. Bad defenders will be benched.

We’re about to start one of the most exciting and interesting seasons in a long time.

O-dawg and jim1961 like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Bari always plays better when he's in rhythm.

AuburnRocket and i3artow i3aller like this.
  10. invocux

invocux Member

Gets beat so easily man it's depressing.

11. Dredd

Dredd Member

If they had a re-draft, Jabari is the 29th-32nd pick range.

12. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

His game is predicated on whether he makes jumpshots or not. not shots, jump shots. dude is scared of the paint, not strong enough and can't dribble to even get there.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Jabari supposed to be a generational 3pt shooter coming out of college?

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Jabari Smith is like Kevin Garnett if he played against summer league competition every game.

Crashlanded19, Dredd and apollo33 like this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Somehow I have not yet forgotten the rebuild years..?

glynch likes this.
  16. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember when Jabari screamed at Silas to pull Alpi off the floor for his poor defense?

The next time Jabari fails to box out or bricks another shot, Alpi should politely suggest to Udoka to send Jabari to the RGV. Either he gets better there or we get undeniable proof he’s not an NBA player.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  17. CXbby

CXbby Member

He either learns to shoot or not, that’s not even my complaint. EVERYONE including media members and fans alike include Jabari among the plus defensive players on the team. Does anyone want to actually admit that he’s…horrible on defense? Whether it was Wagner or Paolo, or Zach Collins or Nikola Jovic (NOT Jokic), Jabari gets abused by whoever he is supposed to be guarding. Whether it is getting put in the basket on the post, or blown by on the perimeter, it seems Jabari really has no position he can guard.

18. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

He lacks athleticism, he doesn’t move like a pro athlete in my opinion. He’s 6’10 but he rarely ever gets a block.

19. i3artow i3aller

20. Dredd

Dredd Member

Future trade:

jabari for yurtseven

it’s a fair deal!