1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Rangers vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2023.

1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Yup, I turned it off in the 8th and haven’t heard a thing since and nor will I listen or watch anything. Till next year

2. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

Left my seat after they hit 8, it doesn't hurt as much as 19 but good lord. 19 I feel we just mismanaged game 7. This series and game 7 alone I feel you could point at 5-10 different moments.

Jake Tower and arabrocket like this.
  3. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

they definitely squandered 2019 since it was actually the World Series and that team was probably the best Astros team in this 7 year run, that’s the one that hurts the most till this day. This year you can’t really say we squandered because they were really running on fumes the whole season and who knows how the WS itself would have turned out this year.

4. tx2005

tx2005 Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like Crane cares too much about his reputation to do that, which is unfortunate. While unfair, we all know the national outcry that would occur if he made that hire.

I think getting Luhnow would help ensure that even if this window closes, another one will open up in the near future, but I highly doubt that ever happens. I just hope Dana Brown takes control, gets this franchise back to being more focused on analytics and hires a manager with a more analytic mindset. Focusing on analytics is what got this run started. Also, I really hope Bagwell won't have the same influence he had last year with Dana Brown in charge.

arabrocket likes this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Spencer Arrighetti not being called up hurt the Team also, he deserved being on the Team.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I know we cant expect to go to the WS every year.

But being denied by the Rangers stings extra hard.

That said, the silver lining in this may be that the FO may be more motivated to improve for next year.
    The players may be more motivated as well.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I just hope we make the playoffs a few more times so Altuve can get that record of most post season HRs...of all time.

He's only 2 away after adding one more last night so one more ALCS run should get it. Would really top off his legacy, an MVP, 2 championships, multiple all-stars, and being the post season HR king would go a long way for him being seen as one of if not the best 2nd baseman to ever play.

Stephen66 likes this.
  8. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Sigh, there really was no place like road. [​IMG]

Luckily for the Rangers, they had more games there.

#12068 Caltex2, Oct 24, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  9. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

That shouldn't be too hard with almost any team with a 500 record making the playoffs now.

arabrocket likes this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol b**** you barely post here. GTFO.

Stephen66 and Houstunna like this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Astros simply sucked when it mattered the most. Up 3-2 and choked away back to back games. Not even choked, they weren't even competitive in either of them. 9-2, 11-4 . Someone help me with the math, that's 20-6 in the final two games right? Just checking.

What ****ing losers. I turned that **** off when it was 4-2 because I knew we'd go out like the losers they are. And Dusty? A sincere and heartfelt **** you and go straight to hell. I hope your dumb ass doesn't return as the manager next year. You can take Maldy with you , you old crotchety ****. Go **** yourselves.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I can't call the Astros losers. That feels ridiculous.

The home issue though is weird.

IBTL likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Typical ****ing Houston. Not good enough to just lose, gotta do so in embarrassing/historic fashion.
    27 straight missed threes
    Ginobili blocking Harden
    Losing by 39 to Spurs without Kawhi/Parker
    Losing by 40 to Mavs
    Texans up 24-0, only to be outscored 51-7
    Couldn’t win a home game in 2019 (WS), can’t win a home game in 2023, let your in-state rivals show you up and beat you.

Johnnie can take Maldonado and Dubon and Cintron with him.
    No more personal position bullshit.
    Fix that ******* batter’s eye. “Well it didn’t hurt the Rangers!” The **** I care if it doesn’t hurt another team who stops by for a quick 3 game series before moving onto their next destination. Astros play 81+ home games there. So if they say it’s a problem, fix it.
    Missed it at the time (it was being discussed) but I believe @Nook mentioned something about Matt Chapman, which could/would mean something for Bregman. I don’t know about that but maybe you make a tough/unpopular decision on a Bregman or Tucker or Peña or Framber or Brown one of the SP.

This is a wild card team.
    Rangers ain’t going anywhere.
    Mariners will hang around.

Maybe Jim can open his wallet like the team up north did.
    Go sign a SP or five.
    Bellinger, Montgomery, Snell, Hader…

Anyways, whatever.

Good riddance Johnnie.

Go Phillies/DBacks. (Some of y’all wishing the Rangers well or good luck, HELL NAH.)

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

That was my first blush reaction this morning when I woke up. I'm calmer now and have found Christ. They might not be losers, but they certainly aren't winners either choking away a 3-2 lead for the 2nd time in 4 years. Or is it 5 years? I lose count. Let's pray the rosary, and for a good harvest. Hopefully the Rangers are all hit by Mack trucks soon.

Stephen66 and J.R. like this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, completely **** that ****. I ain't wishing the Rangers well or good luck. No positive vibes for them from me. Johnnie can kiss my ass.

J.R. likes this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Don't forget, also ... outscored 20-6 in games after being up 3-2 this series.

Tomstro and J.R. like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

6 ******* runs

Tfor3 and IBTL like this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

One of my favorite clips. Thanks for making me feel a little better, lol.

J.R. likes this.
  19. Landry's Tooth

I choose to look at things optimistically...

We still have a young core and a couple moves should lock down the division again.

Would like to move on from Pena at SS. He just doesn't hit enough. He's fine as a reserve. Dubon as well... just not enough consistent contact and little plate discipline.

The pitching will be fine. Maybe we can flip a couple of starters like Urquidy or France for CF upgrade or SS upgrade.

We need 2 hitters and that's probably it:

C Diaz
    1B Abreu
    2B Altuve
    3B Bregman
    LF Alvarez
    CF McCormick
    RF Tucker

Get a SS and DH. Use Pena, Dubon, and Kessinger off the bench. Also don't mind Singleton in a role given he's not a free swinger.

Verlander
    Mccullers
    Valdez
    Javier
    Brown

That's still a top 5 rotation.

Neris is likely gone. The money they save on him and Brantley can be a new SS or CF.

I'd go into next year expecting the division to finish:

Astros
    Mariners
    Rangers
    Angels
    Athletics

IBTL likes this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

What about Luis Garcia? Don't forget him! He could come back late summer and contribute. An interesting take on Pena. I'd give him another year, personally.