1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Whitmore putting in work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Sep 12, 2023.

?

Is he ready with a bigger role and more responsibilities AKA minutes - this early

This poll will close on Sep 12, 2025 at 3:14 AM.
  1. yes

286 vote(s)
    85.6%
  2. no

48 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. invocux

invocux Member

Does anything Green can do plus better shooter. Without knee issues undoubtedly a top 6-7 prospect.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If Cam loses the tunnel vision a bit, he might...maybe not make Green expendable...but might make us very much not dependent on Green.

3. PeppermintCandy

Comparing Whitmore to previous Rockets players, he's like a combination of Eric Gordon's physicality and shooting touch and Von Wafer's athleticism and aggressiveness. A pretty strange mix, actually lol.

And I don't think Whitmore necessarily has tunnel vision. Rather, I think he just seems intent on playing as aggressively as possible whenever he's out there. As long as this drive doesn't turn into a weird chip on his shoulder (see Von Wafer), it should serve him very well.

HD729 and Left Block Problem 74 like this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

Calls for Green trades after 2 preseason games?! That sounds about right actually.

[​IMG]

5. kpdark

kpdark Member

6. i3artow i3aller

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

One: I think Cam will end up as a SF* so I think Tari vs. Cam may be a bigger thing to watch than Green vs. Cam.
    Two: I think the Rockets will be making a big trade sometime in the next 18 months to consolidate talent. I am not expecting all of Green, Sengun, Smith, Tari, Amen, and Cam to be Rockets after this trade.
    Three: It has been 2 seasons and 2 preseason games for Green. (sorry for nit pick)
    Four: I think Green will mute all trade talk outside of Bill Simmons by the trade deadline.

* I think there need to be two better playmakers than him on the court. Cam doesn't necessarily have to be a SF, but he's competing more with the finishers than the creators.

8. i3artow i3aller

9. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I'd ignore Bill Simmons, don't click, listen or post etc. His takes and history typically don't truly benefit the Rockets. And usually benefit the Celtics directly or indirectly, or himself for clicks and controversy.

Deckard, dobro1229, Easy and 4 others like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't think Whitmore really plays like Green. Green has always shown some ability to play make, where as Cam pretty much only attacks to score. I also think the way Green is developing we are unlikely to offer him a max.

AroundTheWorld, Bo6 and clos4life like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. MystikArkitect

Jalen, Bari and Cam are going to be the scorers on this team. They won't all have a bad night. That's how the Warriors (and now Nuggets) got successful. Are Klay *and* Steph both going to have a bad night? Are Murray and Gordon? Couple that with pesky role players that understand their role and a pivot player who can orchestrate everything...it's crazy how Sengun suddenly doesn't look like **** defensively either.

Also Jalen and Cam are complimentary players. They can move off ball, Cam can cover things Jalen cant and vice versa. Also Jalen is just a better passer/distributor and Cam is athletic AF. Cam is literally who we all wanted KJ Martin to be. Now that Porter is gone we don't have anyone who's a total black hole.

HD729, Dobbizzle, DreamShook and 6 others like this.
  13. NewAge

NewAge Member

That's not a bad trade at all. With Miles Bridges future uncertain, Hayward always missing half-the-season... That will be a good pick.
    Jalen Green + Lamello is the type of Flash&Trash backcourt that we kinda had with KPJ/J.Green. Lots of oomph, but very loose. Not a winning backcourt.

OTOH, I actually liked the first couple of games by Jalen. He's moving well off-ball, and when he gets it goes into a straights-line drives, instead of meandering aimlessly... I wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer to see if the new regime can make him into a productive player. But two unprotecteds from a trashy team like CHA is a pretty decent haul. I'd be good either way.

Y2JT likes this.
  14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Why can't it be both? You need to ISO the Milk from the Hair

daywalker02 and BallSoHarden like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Caesar likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

cam is going to be a star 100%

jalen green signing with adidas was the worst mistake he ever made IMO.

daywalker02 and BallSoHarden like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

MJ came close to signing but Nike got him which a movie is made about.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think we have so many good young players that we need to talk about trading guys to make room for other guys. Contenders usually run 8-9 man rotations in the playoffs and we've only got six core guys (if you assume FVV and Brooks and the other vets are temporary). Sixth men can play basically starter minutes too; look at Bruce Brown with Denver--he played 28.5mpg last season, basically the same minutes as MPJ did while starting. Granted, some of that is due to Murray missing time, but even still, Brown was getting good minutes when he came off the bench.

Little Bit and HD729 like this.
  19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah, as usual Clutch Fans fails to see what damn near everybody else in the league sees. There's a reason Green shows up on potential MIP lists.

red5rocket and cmlmel77 like this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He’s got a good bball podcast when he has someone on with him to tell him he’s an idiot when he’s being an idiot or to remind the audience when he’s trying to just be a Celtics homer. Zach Lowe is a good guest for him.

If it’s just Bill by himself or one of the young kids he employs I’m not bothering to waste my time with LockedOnCeltics hour. I don’t give a Fck about who the Celtics signed to a two way contract who the Rockets should give up Jabari Smith and two pick swaps to get in a trade. If you realize he’s just not a serious person then the Pod can be entertaining when the banter between his guest and him is good.

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.