1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you still test for Covid, when you have a cold

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Mar 31, 2023.

?

When you have Cold like symptoms do you still test for Covid?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    32.8%
  2. NO

45 vote(s)
    67.2%
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Get well soon.

cheke64 likes this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

If I feel at all unwell I do a test. Why not? I don’t want to risk giving it to an elderly person. That would be bad.

I’ve already had my updated vaccine. I have enough problems, I don’t need Covid.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

It doesn't bother me, its just comical seeing people still acting like its a thing... Do what you want, I'm way over it... I think I caught it a couple of weeks ago, literally got over it in two days with off the shelf meds.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Covid is wrecking my house. It started with extended family members who watch my infant. He caught it and then my wife. My kindergartener and I seem okay for now, but it's likely a matter of when.

My wife and infant are not doing good at all. They'll recover but have been super miserable.

We all had 3 shots (except the baby). Kid and I had covid in April 22. This is my wife's first positive test. She's getting to experience the pleasure of paxlovid mouth.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I know I definitely always tell people to change their behavior when it doesn't bother me.

ElPigto, Ottomaton, rhino17 and 2 others like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah exactly, and me? When I shook off COVID fairly easily, I definitely wanted to post about it and flex on millions of dead people. Such a good look.

@Duncan McDonuts -- hope the household gets to feeling better soon and that you can avoid the Rona altogether.

7. Nook

Nook Member

There are a couple of things at play.

First you are older now and not in very good physical shape.

COVID is going to get it's claws deep into you and try to drag you down into the abyss until you break down and die.

You may want to quadruple your vitamin C intake and start taking Ivermectin.

Also - stop washing your hands and use hand sanitizer prepared at home by mixing rum, bleach and fabric softener.

Also - according to Alex Jones - inhaling bleach or other disinfectants will protect against COVID-19 by choking it out.

Also there are rumors in four-chan that a combo of cocaine, amphetamines and salvia will kill the COVID virus if you insert it rectally.

cheke64, ROCKSS and Xerobull like this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

I didn't mean to be insensitive to those who have lost their lives.

9. SuraGotMadHops

My FIL caught Covid and now has Covid pneumonia and has been hospitalized. He is vaxxed with one booster. They started him on a BIPAP but now reduced it to high flow nose tubes for oxygen, so venting is not on the table...yet. Lungs just don't seem to be healing or improving.

It is very difficult to determine how your body is going to react to this virus. I don't know if anybody knows what the deciding factor is, both he and my MIL caught it at the same time, she recovered in two days, he's in the hospital. I will say of the two males I know directly that had to get hospitalized from Covid, they had the same body type..short, moderately overweight, and that stocky bowling ball type of shape. Maybe the way that body type stores fat puts more pressure on the lungs. Who knows.

RedRedemption likes this.
  10. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I've also got the COVID yet again. It started Monday with a little tickle in my throat and progressed to slight headaches and a persistent fever Tuesday and Wednesday.

I feel a bit better currently, so I hope that is worst I see from this. I was scheduled to take the vaccine next Thursday, but no need for that now.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am going to test regardless. Not as often.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I got my flu shot two weeks ago and I didn't feel it one bit. I got my covid booster two days ago and holy crap it kicked my ass.

102 fever. Body aches. Major fatigue.

I finally feel normal now. Woof. If that's how the shot feels, then I do not want to know how the virus itself feels.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hope he gets better.

I would compare their health habits over their entire lives rather than body type to get a feasible answer.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  14. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Dang dude, so sorry to hear that, I wish them well and keep us posted.....that sucks

15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yeah, the first two shots just gave me a sore arm for a day. The booster hit hard for a couple of days. Getting my second booster next week on a Thursday at work. Planning to take my PC home with me for Friday.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Started feeling like crap yesterday afternoon and have a sore throat and runny nose. I tested for COVID and came up negative. Considering there are people in my family that are at high risk I don't want to take chances.

17. SuraGotMadHops

Just an update on this...FIL still in ICU, no improvement and his body is tired. They still have him on nose cannula and mask, with some BIPAP mixed in. Doctors are pretty much ready to call it, they are inquiring about DNR, and said venting will not change anything and the likelihood of him ever coming off after he gets vented are slim to none. Hail Mary shot he gets approved for an emergency lung transplant, but his body may not be or stay healthy enough to get to or survive the surgery. Very bad situation.

18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Holy Moly, I am so sorry............prayers to you and your family, I can't even imagine :(

FrontRunner and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Oh, man...I'm so sorry. Prayers and well wishes for you and your family.

FrontRunner and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Damn, I am so sorry to read this. Was praying for a little bounce back. I'm sorry your family is going through this, and yeah, it seems so super random how some get so ill and some people aren't really affected. You might be onto something with the bowling ball shape.

Take good care, and we'll hope for some surprisingly good news.

SuraGotMadHops and FrontRunner like this.