1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disney+] Ahsoka

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The show suffers a bit from only getting an initial eight episodes in season one, they could've made this chase for Ezra much more of an adventure if they got more time from the Disney executives.

I somewhat hope they remain in this new galaxy and go back to the og one after the sequels (so that the sequels are an afterthought and we can focus on this cast), but the Mando&Boba&Ahsoka tie-up movie Filoni will do kinda makes that theory unlikely.

Hope they can still work out a story where all of these characters survive the sequel trilogy and then get more screen time, especially Grogu, Ezra and Jacen (plus Cal Kestis from the games?) would be a perfect foundation to build a new Jedi order.

Maybe have them all go on an epic journey to Yoda and Grogu's home galaxy/system and then remain there during the sequels. :oops:

justtxyank likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Watched the finale.

One word review of this show: underwhelming.

Nothing great happened, but nothing really bad. I'm not mad at it, but I am completely uninterested in the non-Jedi Jedis, Sabine, and Ezra. So it sucks that this show is centered on Sabine as much as it is Ahsoka.

But I'm glad that the finale didn't totally suck ass, as D+ shows so often botch the finale. I assume they'll just re-cast Ray Stevenson since he died a few months ago and his character is one that clearly isn't going away anytime soon.

Lastly, I think Ahsoka is a Top 4 Masculine SW Protagonist. Han is #1, and then it's probably Lando, Mace, and Ahsoka. Honorable mention to Qui-Gonn and Mando.

Rocket River and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I’m not too far into the series, and I think I’m going to give up on it. What did it for me is realizing that Hayden Christensen is likely the least “wooden” of all the thespians in this series.

Jontro and Entropy like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I didn't know this was 8 episodes. Wanted it to be more fulfilling, but wasn't disappointed either.

Lucas is big on allusions to present day issues. I wouldn't put it past Filoni to do a tribute to that of some sort even if that disgruntled senator is so obvious that he couldn't possibly be the Evil insurgent...

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The finale really makes the whole season feel like a a set up for the future more than anything else. I enjoyed it but had my issues with it....

6. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

You guys are harsh. It's a marathon not a sprint. Disney wants us to keep subscribing for more.

I thought it was a great first season.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not great, not terrible, which sadly is a huge step up from almost everything else we've seen from the Disney+ series.

They obviously couldn't have foreseen Ray Stevensen dying, but that is an absolutely brutal cliffhanger (literally in the edge of a cliff) for his character. I understand the direction they were going for with the "older and wiser" Ahsoka, but now that the season is over I hated it. There was just so little of the energy, charm, and attitude that made people love the character. She just feels like a stock reserved Jedi character in this show.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It wasn't bad, a little cheesy at times but some of the episodes were enjoyable. Kinda bummed that

the two most intriguing characters (Baylan and Shin) were completely sidelined the entire finale. I watched Rebels but personally wasn't that invested in the whole Sabine/Ezra stuff. Some of the spiritual stuff the show explored however was pretty neat.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Reminded me of a Marvel D+ show...

11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

The finale felt like the finale of Fellowship of the Ring. We set up everything, everyone came together, and then split up into their parts to play and then they all stare into the distance to think about the future adventures.

It lacks satisfaction.

I really wish there had been more payoff even if its setting up the Filoni movies or whatever.

Also, Baylon Skoll feels like the single most interesting character in the whole series and his set up really has 0 payoff. Plus the actor is dead, so they'll have to rewrite or recast and I really like Ray Stevenson's interpretation.

Amiga and justtxyank like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What happened at Narnia......lmao.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Mergady can still dunk it.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why do you emphasize Masculine, Tano is non binary.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

1) I think they way overrated how much non-cartoon watchers would buy into Sabine and Ezra. Sabine actively annoyed me and Ezra did nothing for me. Didn't care about him at all. He felt weak. Didn't watch the cartoons so don't get why I SHOULD care. Ooooh goodie we found Mr. Weakling?

2) Thrawn was good. Wish the sequel movies had been Heir to the Empire instead of the BS we got. Could totally see a three movie arc built around him.

3) Overall enjoyed it, but someone else said above that it felt like it lacked satisfaction and I agree with that. It felt to me like a "short" that's released as a between movie special.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

You could feel the betrayal and angst with so few words.

Maybe they were expecting the other characters to pull the same weight?
    [​IMG]

I'm fine with it as a setup. They could set him up like a Boba Fett wildcard of old and generate off-screen mystery.

Feels like Filoni is leading this to be his love note for those Thrawn books SW readers talk about.

Here's to hoping it's better than a Snyder cut.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I totally agree on #1.
    I watched the cartoons.
    It was about watching Ezra "grow up" . . . and him being him doesn't feel like anything
    He seems no more advance than when he left

Overall I just plain agree

Rocket River

justtxyank likes this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

Would have liked Thrawn to have demonstrated some level of genius. I don't think that came across. So missed opportunity. They told me he was dangerous and intelligent. They didn't show me.

As for Baylen, they can just give him a mask and hire a voice actor to replicate. I don't think they will just kill him off. They could. I don't think they will.

Overall agree with everyone. Interesting, but not must see.

Left wondering how Ezra made it all the way home when they knew he was on board and they didn't actually go home. But he did.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Off screen Jedi training and power creep
    Yadda yadda yadda
    Profit

Rocket River likes this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I’ll spoiler the Q&A

They didn’t know he was on board. Remember the scene where the dead trooper’s comm turned on, and Ezra grabbed it to impersonate the trooper. And Imperial destroyers don’t have security cameras. :D Only two trooper saw him, and they ded.

That said, I thought the witches and Thrawn could sense the presence of Jedi.