1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jrue traded to Boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DJ, Oct 1, 2023.

1. VoR

VoR Member

Absolute pimp move by the Celtics. It is going to be super awkward when the Bucks and Celtics play each other now. They sure gave up a lot to get him, though.

Rockets perspective: Brogdon and Williams are both legitimate targets for instant rebuild. If Ime has Tilman's ear, don't be surprised if we give up draft assets plus Tate to maybe go and get them. This would fill roster spots for Porter and Tate exits and really round out the team.

Plowman likes this.
  2. beardsanity713

How Portland get all that for an aging defensive liability Dame.
    & the Rox got a poo poo platter for Harden.
    Jazz got more for Gobert than Rox did for former MVP Harden.
    Stone trash at trades.

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jrue gave Lillard the business back when he was with the Pelicans.

4. xaos

xaos Member

I'm confused about what you're confused about

5. JumpMan

Lillard's stats versus Jrue in the 2018 playoffs: 4 Games, 18.5, 4.5, 4.8 on 47.1% TS
    Jrue's stats versus Lillard in the 2018 playoffs: 4 Games, 27.8, 4.0, 6.5 on 62.7% TS

Anthony Davis was the best player in the series and probably deserves as much credit as Jrue does for holding Lillard down like that, but this means something to all involved.

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

am i the only one that thinks holiday is highly overrated ??? not that he's trash or anything, but the bidding war for a 33 yr old holiday we just saw get sent home in the first round is just comical.

Tuckmose likes this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

He's decent, it's entirely possible Jrue won't pan out for the C's. But from a trade perspective, Jrue's perceived trade value is good. Cronin ended up flipping Jrue for two 1sts. If Cronin dealt with MIA, Blazers won't get that from Herro.

Cronin did real good. He can still flip Malcom and Rob to get more stuff if they wanted.

If I'm the Blazers, I would keep Rob (Rob might even outplay Ayton). Rob and Ayton are 25; new twin towers. They went from Nurk -> Rob and Ayton to pair with Sharpe, Simons, and Scoot. On paper, that's not shabby.

Few days ago, I'd say Rockets was better than Blazers, if Portland just stop here and play the people they have, their record could even be close to ours.

note: not to re-hash but Stone could take note on trading a superstar. There are a few ways to skin a cat, where other than picks, if you have proven commodity; can flip the assets. In the original Harden deal, we got Oladipo (no Jarrett Allen). Dipo was washed, and left for basically nothing, nothing else to flip.

#47 TimDuncanDonaut, Oct 1, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
  8. blackistan

blackistan Member

Just when you thought Milwaukee was the favorite...

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't care who Milwaukee and Boston picked up ain't nobody gonna be able to touch the Rockets this year cause Sengun is gonna be going off for 25/12/6 with 2 blocks and 2 steals and will be MVP.

THERE I SAID IT.

10. i3artow i3aller

11. VoR

VoR Member

Absolute pimp move by the Celtics. It is going to be super awkward when the Bucks and Celtics play each other now. They sure gave up a lot to get him, though.

Rockets perspective: Brogdon and Williams are both legitimate targets for instant rebuild. If Ime has Tilman's ear, don't be surprised if we give up draft assets plus Tate to maybe go and get them. This would fill roster spots for Porter and Tate exits and really round out the team.
    Tari Eason says hi. Sengun says hi. Will likely pick up Adem Bona from UCLA with the Nets 2024 pick. Who knows with 2026 and a ton of pick swaps to look forward to.

12. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

I don’t think he’s “highly” overrated, but it does seem like a lot to give up for him. I was underwhelmed by the Blazer’s return on Lillard, but I guess I underestimated what they could get for Jrue.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean yeah, in another reality.....both have different strenghts.

Ayton has a legit 20 and 10 vibe about him, he is a 7 fter.

Williams is 6'9 and a better defender but he is a 10-11 ppg and 10 rebound guy.

Portland has two young guards that might end up averaging 17-19 ppg. Needed the big to score 20 ppg as well.

Jerami Grant is likely also scoring 19 ppg. Simons as well.

14. JumpMan

Some of his value is in keeping him off another team. Not only does he make Boston better, but he also keeps Miami and Philadelphia down.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

They have enough offense IMO, Jrue brings elite level defense and leadership which is something they needed.

Patience and Easy like this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dame is a superstar and Harden is not, but you keep thinking he'll turn it around this year.

17. i3artow i3aller

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Holiday is to replace Smart, and I think it's an upgrade.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden is about that Honey Bun, Fashion Week and rapper lyfe.

Basketball comes second when he is not calling that special someone a liar....

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dame is elite at scoring, Harden is elite at quitting.