1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Podcast Recommendation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BeardedWonder, Jun 2, 2018.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

David Lee Roth has been on there twice and highly recommend both. I was blown away that he was generally interesting to listen to. I would have assumed not for sure.

2. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

This might be the greatest podcast ever.

Synopsis:
    During the 1-900 number craze of the Nineties, one company provided the vast majority of phone sex. American Telnet was an empire founded by the man who called himself “The Telephone Pimp.” He ran the company “like General Motors” and got filthy rich doing it. But for the (mostly) women who answered the calls and delivered fantasies 24-7, it was a different story. The powerful stigma against sex work was always lurking just beneath the surface, until it threatened to tear apart the whole company. Hosted by Tina Horn (Why Are People Into That?), OPERATOR is an eight-part series about big ambitions, Shakespearean-level corporate backstabbing, men and women at the cutting edge of a technological revolution...and on the front lines of a sexual one.
    https://wondery.app.link/Operator

London'sBurning and jiggyfly like this.
  3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Hello From the Magic Tavern
    The Magnus Archives

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here are a few more true crime podcasts:
    My Favorite Murder
    Morbid
    True Crime Garage

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Roe Jogan has a great show on adventure kayaking.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Non-true crime podcasts...

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
    How I Built This

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The History of Rome and Revolutions are two podcasts by a historian named Mike Duncan. Both are very educational and I really enjoyed them. There is a ton of meat there - you can fill up a whole lot of time working your way through them. However, I imagine if you think history is boring and useless, it might not be for you.

Nook and NewRoxFan like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Rewatchables The Ringer

Bomani Jones

Most of the stuff I listen to are on The Ringer podcast network, a lot of good stuff about movies and TV shows.

Nook and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  9. VanityHalfBlack

I love rewatchable.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I previously used Stitcher but switched a few years back to Google Podcast. Now that's going away. Spotify leaves a lot to be desired. So, I'm looking for a podcast player recommendation. Which app do you guys use to listen to your favorite shows?