1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, when Ime and all this talent (including additions) are kicking ass, not too far down the road...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 15, 2023.

1. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

You gotta cover your ass by b****ing at every opportunity from the jump, though, so when the future good times eventually come to the end of their cycle, you can be right there to say, see, I was right all along.

2. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Never. Understimate. The complicating powers of a true Rockets fan.

The season hasn't even started. We're just getting going up in here.

#42 burlesk, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    don grahamleone, JayZ750 and Plowman like this.
  3. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's strawmen exactly -- I just think sports is a good safe place for people to let out their negativity, or some **** like that -- it's in every sports fan base -- it's unbalanced towards looking at the negative side of everything. Nobody wants to get played for a sucker. Add in the need to be the smartest guy in the room, along with the undeniable allure of being an internet tough guy.

IF, on the other hand, Houston fans are more negative than most, I suppose it's because we've learned the lessons of our history lol...

You see it all the time. Unless I'm completely wrong and you've caught me with me head disappeared up my ass. But how else to explain the quickness of people wanting to be the first to declare x, y and z players a bust every year? The grass is always greener everywhere else. Our owners/gms/coaches are ALWAYS completely clueless (which of course is sometimes true, but not as often as we like to claim that they 100% are -- in fact generally they're the WORST EVER)...

If even half of the negative **** was true, every team in sports would have a losing record every year.

Where is the nuance, the thoughtful detailed breakdown (which @heypartner and others are so good at)? The context, the perspective, the actually helpful and constructive approach? That has some chance to actually make a positive difference, lead to learning and development... Honest question -- I know it's out there, I just know it ain't coming from me.

And yes, I am exaggerating to make a point, so I am also culpable. There is plenty of nuanced and constructive conversation on here. But yes I also need to just be like Bluto in Animal House and rant mindless nihilistic ****-it-we-got-this optimism at my Delta Tau Chi brothers so we can all pile into the Deathmobile and plow forward into glorious brain-dead oblivion, just so I can keep getting out of bed everyday lol.

Anyway, vent away, let's just do it while we are barreling in the Deathmobile towards a rendezvous with that dead man, Dean Wormer. Did we give up when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?

And never forget, this is all very serious.

Also yes I'm trying to take the fun out of everything,

#43 burlesk, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The answer is:

The Rockets are winning despite having a garbage owner in Tim Ferntitsa. Restaurant man bad!

5. dmoneybangbang

I'm excited we are pivoting to winning and seeing what we have.

The KPJ conflict was classic CF drama. He was never that good.... whatever preferential treatment he got was ended the moment we pivoted to winning.... whatever success or failure the Rockets have going forward will be put on Stone depending on what you thought about KPJ..... classic CF stuff.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Spoken like a true fan!! ;)

Go Rockets!!!

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol hard to rate the team when everything is virtually new sans Stone, Fertitta and young players.

Plowman and burlesk like this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This is by far the longest feeling offseason I can remember since CP3 came at least. Been eager to see what Ime can do with this young talent over the next few years.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

B!tching about something and rooting for it also are not mutually exclusive.

Despite the KPJ drama, its easier to get behind the Rockets than the Stros right now (for me).
    In many ways, the team has a better chance now than before to make something of the coming season IMO.

10. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

For real, all our teams are problematic, but there seems to be hope that there is some progress to feel good about

Rockets have been discouraging at times, but not much more so than in the past, I think... They've never lost me like the texans and Astros have for times... I guess if they were to turn out to be really complicit in some really bad KPJ **** we'd have to revisit this...

11. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Go Texans!

don grahamleone and burlesk like this.
  12. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

I've been disappointed in the Texans
    They were mismanaged and never went after free agents or the best coaches

I've been disappointed in the Astros especially during the Bagwell/Biggio era
    Look at our history of coaches. Look at how well the Cardinals were managed compared to us...

I've never been embarrassed or ashamed to be a Rockets fan. We are in a rebuild and we've had some down years but I've always understood the decision making and loved many of the players. Cut Fertitta some slack. This organization has always been first class. I built the stadium. I worked there when they refurbished the locker room and suites. I smh at some of these new members of Clutchfans. Rockets are life. Y'all can always leave

Plowman and don grahamleone like this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

More like 2 seasons, if anything.

Pistol Pete likes this.