1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dominick Davis "hurt?" (not serious)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by the futants, Aug 13, 2004.

1. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

didn't see this so...
    it doesn't sound serious.
    http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/7572698

Texans RB Davis doubtful for Cowboys game

NFL.com wire reports

HOUSTON (Aug. 12, 2004) -- Houston Texans running back Domanick Davis, slowed by a variety of minor injuries through the first two weeks of training camp, likely won't play in his team's preseason opener against the Dallas Cowboys.

"I'm probably inclined not to play Domanick," coach Dom Capers said. "I don't think this will be anything that would linger. You just know the demands that are put on guys at that position. It's a physically demanding position and it's a long season. I just think we need to be smart."

As a rookie last season, Davis grabbed the starting tailback job and ran for 1,031 yards. He is the unquestioned starter heading into this season.

Backups Tony Hollings, Jonathan Wells and rookie Jason Anderson will divide the snaps in the game at Reliant Stadium.

Other starters not expected to play are right tackle Zach Wiegert (left elbow) and nose tackle Seth Payne (knees).

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

2. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

Good call. I really don't see any need to play him in the 1st preseason even if he was healthy.

3. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

"hurt" - are you questioning his manhood?

4. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Wiegert is playing right guard, not right tackle.

5. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

i went with the "variety of minor injuries" line. who knows. DD is the man, IMO. it's funny that he didn't even start at LSU and will be picked-up by MANY fantasy teams this year. man, i can't wait for the season to start...

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

It will be nice to see Hollings work with the first team offense. Hopefully well get a brief glimpse of his potential.

7. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

no doubt Codell, i'm also looking forward to seeing Tony Hollings run.....I hear he is having a good camp.

8. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Has Davis practiced all preseason? I am wondering if these injuries are more serious than they are letting on.

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's practiced on and off. I think it is just that RB is one of the positions in camp where the starter was obvious from the get go. Even if Hollings totally dominates in preseason, they know they are going to stick with DD until Hollings proves himself in regular season games. So if there are any injuries are potential problems, they are being very cautious. Seems quite prudent to me.