1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

No, I don't actually agree that most would agree with that.

What is universally known in the world of basketball i - is passion is shown defensively.

Which is literally the side of the ball KPJ NEVER exerted any passion. Goodness gracious.

You might want to go watch some games again.

2. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Unless I'm missing other stories besides him getting into it with Silas and getting suspended, what other stories have there been of his conduct in Houston? The article doesn't put any more stories of him as a Rocket and I can not remember any story of him being violent or being a problem in the locker room other than small chemistry issues which was a problem for the entire roster. I'm not trying to justify anything but the Rockets organization tried to help him having Lucas mentor him. The article doesn't portray any of that part. That being said, guy should never play ball again and the writer should not use something horrific and pretend that he foresaw it by him yelling at a coach.

#1162 nickb492, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    Dobbizzle, Xopher and Amel like this.
  3. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You have to understand that those types of people want their victory lap, they've been praying that KPJ would do something like this for years and now they feel like celebrating. You can't expect them to really care that a woman was beaten, that a troubled kid completely destroyed his life in a single night....what is important to people like that is that a player they didn't like will be out of the league. Expecting ANY kind of empathy from people like that is just setting yourself up for failure.

As to KPJ, his NBA career NEEDS to be over due to this, this is worse than what Ray Rice did. I think once he's done serving any time he might get handed down by the legal system, the ONLY thing for him is to head overseas where they don't care if you abuse women like Trevor Bauer did. Hopefully his victim makes a full recovery and her WNBA career isn't impacted by this too much.

Honestly this whole thing is just sad, the only positive is that PLENTY of people showed their true colors by celebrating this, and we shouldn't forget it.

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

That’s not what I meant. You are misinterpreting or cherry picking the temper tantrums he displayed and assigning my comment “that he plays like he gives a damn” to it. I’m simply saying he plays with passion, I think most of us that has watched him play can agree to that. Either way, I made it clear that doesn’t have anything to do with what he did last night. It’s is possible to be a fan of a player up to the point when he really f$@s up, and reasses your fandom. Why is it so difficult for some of you to understand that?
    I’m pretty damn sure most ppl on this board would agree that KPJ was one of our better and capable defenders. He wasn’t great, but that’s how bad our team was defensively.

And no, playing with passion isn’t exclusive to playing defense. It’s a nice thought though.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lol @ the kpj Stan losers trying to hold hands and band together. That’s what its come too. Pathetic display

Deuce and clutchdabear like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

No most people would not agree. pouted on the court, leaving during games, throwing tantrums at teammates is all loser stuff and oh what a coincidence that’s what he is. When folks try to use well he was one of the better so and so on the worst team in league for years, It isn’t something that you should be proud of or believe proves any sort of credible validity. Being the best at losing. Wooohooo

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. Rocketeer

Thing is I’m not really much of a KPJ fan, I’m just calling it how I see it. Some of you have the emotional intelligence of a rock.

Dobbizzle, Hive5, ROXTXIA and 2 others like this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You gotta remind yourself that there is a possibility it's a 16 year old on the other side or an out of touch boomer who equates fingernail polish to bad morals.

Dobbizzle and Rocketeer like this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

THIS is why this thread is so long. You and people like you are still not listening. Its not a coincidence. You think I felt the way about KPJ because I hated him and this is some coincidence. I would have loved if KPJ had changed and became a superstar but as soon as I heard he left in the middle of a game I knew who he was. When I heard he threatened coaches and players in practice I knew. When I heard he had been in an altercation with a friend I knew. You are probably one of the slowest individuals Ive ever talked to in my life. Do you know that Ive said on this board that we need to drop KPJ before he killed someone? You know I was laughed at for it and called a hater? Youre still doing it. Just yesterday I predicted that he had done this several times before. Its not a coincidence. ITS A PATTERN SHOWN BY ABUSIVE PEOPLE. Some people can look at a situation and know whats going on and some just dont understand. Maybe its my coaching background or military police background maybe its because Ive seen toxic abusive people like KPJ before. I knew. I even questioned his mental wellness after we got fred because his entire "ive changed" dialogue was centered around being the Rockets head honcho and he protected it like it was gold pouting and quitting when he didn't get the ball. Why do you think I hated SIlas so much? **** is staring you straight in the face AND YOU STILL DON'T GET IT. Don't presume that just cause you don't know something that others couldn't have known. You are not as smart as you think you are.

#1171 Joe Rocket, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    daywalker02, clutchdabear and YOLO like this.
  12. Rocketeer

Oh boy…. A player can be passionate AND also throw tantrums, AND pout AND f$&@ up and end his career. It’s possible. Players are ppl, and not one dimensional.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He seems to be a collected player, sometimes trying on Defense, sometimes not so much, do I think he was passionate, yeah but I have seen more passionate players.

I can accept that at the very least. You might be higher on him than a lot of us here.

Rocketeer likes this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Shhh. The writer had a rough upbringing ok.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Except in kpj’s case he’s a certified loser and everything he’s done has solidified that. Your confusion of passion is actually losing basketball which is something you clearly don’t see

16. MystikArkitect

The reason you're seeing this is because there are folks in this fandom who've been able to see this coming for years. Years. And you still have apologists right now with their heads in the sand acting like the "real bad guys" are the ones who are "happy" this happened. This could've been avoided by just seeing the writing on the wall.

No one is happy that this happened. But some of us are right to be perturbed that we saw this coming a long ****ing time ago through various instances (and **** everyone in this organization who hid this stuff for as long as they did) and instead we had a section of fans who kept harping the ole "boys will be boys" trope.

This is shocking but not surprising. And if it's not surprising then we have to ask a lot of questions. Why was he still here? Why was he being enabled? It's honestly baffling. He was a bad player. One of the worst point guards I've seen play for this team. And yet they kept on trying and enabling. I don't get it. And Stone needs to answer for this. What else was being hidden and for how long? So many fans and talking heads saw this coming. It's incredible how predictable this was. And yet here we are.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

You don't do something....Until you do it...Duhh....

Acting like KPJ strangling this girl is such a big leap is ridiculous. A bunch of stuff he's been in the headlines for have been because of physical altercations. Previously accused of punching another woman. Fighting in Cle because of a locker. Throwing stuff at Lucas and then leaving the arena...He's shown a pattern of resorting to physical violence when things aren't going his way.

When people show a pattern of doing something there's always potential to take it to the next level.

18. Downtown Sniper

Yikes, you actually think that, don't you?

Like I said, go watch games again. You'd be surprised how terrible your basketball understanding is.

The irony is, a rock has better defensive basketball IQ than you do.

clutchdabear, kubli9 and YOLO like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is a manner in which Stone and Tillman would be culpable for this. If they brushed other more minor incidents of KPJ under the rug then yes they have culpability here.

Dobbizzle, BaselineFade and dobro1229 like this.
  20. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]