1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is not a lot, actually nobody in their right mind, doing what he did in an instant to ruin himself.

Bingo. Guessed it right.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't forget "she gaslighted him by locking the hotel door before all this started."

#1142 topfive, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It really makes me sad that you guys are taking this time to argue over who was right and who was wrong. A woman was terribly abused. A disturbed and self-destructive young man has blown up a career that most can only dream of - and it probably isn't going to get better for KPJ from here. I suspect he'll spiral further.

I agree 100% that he should never be allowed anywhere near the Toyota Center again. I agree he shouldn't get another chance. I'm not even sure he should get a chance to be a Shanghai Shark now. But I don't regret rooting for a kid with a troubled past to overcome and succeed. And it's wild to me there is any discussion beyond how sad this whole story is. Especially for Kysre Gondrezick. This young woman was a WNBA player and now she's likely to be best known for this for the rest of her life. I'm beyond grateful that she survived, but she is far from done with this trauma. She'll be dealing with this for years and years. And people probably won't let her forget if she wants to.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i wouldn’t be surprised if Hilton was legally exposed for letting this psycho back into the room if it was clear that there was a female safety concern.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What more can anyone on here do but send thoughts and prayers to the woman that was horribly abused. One can play the gotcha game and still feel sorry for the woman. There's really not a time and place to worry about in a sports forum.

I just find it utterly ridiculous.

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If you think the jist of this thread is "WHO IS RIGHT AND WHO IS WRONG" Youre either a troll or not paying attention. Not paying attention goes along with KPJ stans/casual supporters who feel so guilty that they supported KPJ that they are trying to gaslight others into thinking its bad to say you've always known he was like this. "It somehow attacks the victim to say this".... bullshit.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The issue is people are moralizing the gotcha implying people are bad judgers of humans and are culpable for domestic violence.

#1147 fchowd0311, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I was today years old when I learned that tuning out of a play and giving up - because you weren't passed the ball - is playing 'like he gives a damn'.

Or that refusing to run/jog/walk back to play defense whilst the other team attacks the rest of your four teammates - all because something didn't go your way - is playing 'like he gives a damn'.

Sheesh. I've understood basketball wrong my entire life.

10. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

This article is kinda of trash. Getting into verbal spats with coaching staff and the one outburst in Cleveland being a possible red flag for him doing this terrible thing is very dumb. Should he ever play basketball, no. Putting incidents that aren't even on the same level of what he did is reaching.

Williamson, Amel and GotGame15 like this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LMAO. Ofcourse you liked that post. I just wanna say "I told you so". And anyone who supported KPJ's bullshit is an enabler. I wish that young girl all the best and I hope in the future her trauma is never used by people like you for moral grandstanding just to soothe your broken pride.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He plays with the least aggression or might be in the bottom 5.

13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I think the point is there were signs all along. IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER COME TO THIS. He should have truly been held accountable for things but the Rockets helped empower and enable him.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

15. fchowd0311

I think most posters here even the ones doing the gotcha game wouldn't even predict KPJ nearly strangling his girlfriend to death. There is a level of violence before this that KPJ never crossed.

Was a gut punch reading the headline especially because even though I criticize his on court play I have stated that I thought he has changed as a person.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

I disagree. All the article is doing is pointing out the historical pattern of behaviour that shows that he was volatile at best (and deeply unhinged at worst). It demonstrates how the Rockets demonstrated willful blindness to his personality and past - and now they will have to bear the responsibility of what has since happened this week.

The Rockets FO culpability comes from not properly scrutinizing the past red flags, and instead providing a monster with the platform & opportunity to make millions of dollars while representing our city and our fandom.

17. fchowd0311

You didn't tell anyone so. No one did. And people need to realize the difference between coincidently happening to be right or being right because you have complete information. Everyone here discussed about KPJ from a distance.

Don't let stuff like this get to your head. Don'ts assume you are a good judge of character just because this happened.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kevin Porter Punched her face multiple times and Strangulation breaking her neck.

Mandatory 3 - 15 years in Prison in New York

19. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

That’s not what I meant. You are misinterpreting or cherry picking the temper tantrums he displayed and assigning my comment “that he plays like he gives a damn” to it. I’m simply saying he plays with passion, I think most of us that has watched him play can agree to that. Either way, I made it clear that doesn’t have anything to do with what he did last night. It’s is possible to be a fan of a player up to the point when he really f$@s up, and reasses your fandom. Why is it so difficult for some of you to understand that?

And honestly, if anyone has seen my comments on KPJ, I’ve been mostly critical of him most of his career here.

Dobbizzle and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. fchowd0311

The reality is if no team gave him a shot and he was waived or had a long term suspension for his antics like the half time incident that was longer than one game, he'd be alone, depressed in a room believing everyone gave up on him. You think that ends well?

The reality is if the NBA gave up on him or forced him to be away from his team for a long term suspension making him be isolated and build up thoughts in that type of isolation, he probably would have done something like this sooner.

Is it a coincidence that this happened in the offseason? No. KPJ's most well behaved mode even if its a really low bar is around his peers on a NBA team. He is out of trouble the most in that environment.