1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

It is not fair take, it is just another example of what DD and BBg were doing all along which can be summarized as: 'If you have some sort of criticism about KPJ, you should be 'insert some bad quality which doesn't reflect the truth'.

Nobody is celebrating anything. Just like when people pointed out the obviously glaring signs about kpj, they were not hating him because of his past or anything. It was just a deflection method that they enjoyed using. Most people just criticized kpj on purely basketball basis and the answer is always you hate him because of his past. And now it is the perfect time to point this out. They were not fair or well-meant comments at all. And to say this is not saying I told you so.

And a young man who might have been turning his life around? no, nothing pointed to that, in fact completely opposite. KPJ was doing exactly the same things as before. Quitting games, quitting plays, pouting are not what players who turn their lives around do. Plus the insider info from nook confirming stuff (which i really didn't need to be verified). Somebody working to turn his life around knows the value of every single opportunity. KPJ was complete the opposite, except if you believe the pr stuff and ignore everything he is doing.

The rockets management wanted to believe that he is turning his life around. But that was far from reality.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

just look at his twitter post today. this creature just doesn't get it, because he's a sociopath and belongs in an institution

PWR likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Uh oh....the Players association.......d'oh.

4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Big fan of his game but you don't get to do despicable **** like this and keep dribbling. If he's guilty it's over. Guess I'm drafting Amen this year.

5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

U know how many other players, of ALL nationalities, didn't have a father? This rhetoric is borderline racist lol

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is still needed overseas.....the market is big.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

You clearly didn’t get the post

8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Has he been charged yet? Let's this play out before making any assumptions

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

You see that "if" in there? That's what it does. You're not gonna catch me placing any bets in his favor though I'll tell you that.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Statistics - 85% of all children living without a father experience behavioral disorders. To some of you this was the reason to steer clear as the red flags were there. To others like me it was more reason to be hopeful that he could fight off the ghosts, but there was no happy ending this time. Maybe with the next troubled kid that comes around that I take an interest in. I DO counsel at risk kids and have spent many years in youth football so I’ll always believe the bad seeds can change with the right positive reinforcement. This won’t shake that belief and I won’t ever feel ashamed for supporting KPJ.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Seeing the biggest kpj stans continuing to just double down is truly pathetic

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

What are you missing here, champ?

HEADLINE: Rockets' Kevin Porter Jr. charged with assault, strangulation

I'm assuming he's been charged with multiple felonies, because he has.

cmoak1982 and YOLO like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Broken bone and being choked

“Let it play out”

cmoak1982 and topfive like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

She obviously tripped and hurt herself while attempting to throw the first punch.

17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

To be clear. The argument here isnt that kids without fathers dont have issues. The issue is the leap of no father equals wifebeater. Show me the total number of guys who beat their wives and show me that most of them didnt have fathers and then I might agree. If you asked me weeks ago I would say his mental issues in part are due to a missing father but the graduation to physical violence makes it more about his mental in general and not just "oh he doesnt have a dad'. My best friends dad died when he was young and my nephews father was a piece of **** and neither of these people have been even close to being physically violent to loved ones especially woman. There is something else going on there.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't understand the idea that the NBA controls the investigation to the extent that the Rockets cannot cut a player. What? Can't teams cut whomever they please? I mean, depending on the details of the contract, they may owe the player some money, sure. But they can tell players when they aren't welcome in the org anymore.

(And no, not saying what the Rockets should do. I'm just confused about those reports about how an investigation works.)

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

In quite the same way that seemingly normal people from steady homes turn into cunts and assholes. It still starts at home.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  20. PWR

PWR Member

Smh...get this goofy a** dude off my team.