1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Men unfortunately react with physical outbursts to being pushed past their limit. Bottled up emotions and all..It leaves physical evidence which unfortunately can be faked at times as well(from bodily harm to physical destruction all of which can be staged). The emotional and psychological abuse employed by women leaves no evidence. One lie and youre done. Reputation destruction. Career destruction. No scars to be seen. All humans can be toxic in the wrong relationship. No excuse for any abuse, verbal, physical or emotional. Just walk away. KPj couldn't walk away. The same short tempered tantrum he's given pattern of comes back to end his career and reputation likely for life. A relationship was the last thing he needed. Rockets pampered that young man and excused all his wrongs and that is no different than being an enabler.
    This was an unfortunate final event of the previous cultural failures and the new culture begins now.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  2. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

She's probably making it up to get money. Wait till all the facts come out.

Cue the "KPJ is our franchise player" thread

This is good news guys. Now more minutes for cam or brooks . We honestly didn't need kpj anyways even with good behavior

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

You can bet that Silver has already been in touch.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am not being combative. I am pissed, pissed that we wasted 3 years trying to turn poop into diamond, pissed for wasting $16M in cap space, pissed that we are in the media for a woman beater. Also, funny you are saying "Enough about basketball" when your whole reply was "Whatever you think about him is a basketball player is fine" and my reply was that it wasn't. Get off your high horse here.

Who am I shaming?

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Depp vs Amber Heard.

Heard abused him way more physically and he was on drugs. Cut his finger off when throwing a vodka bottle as projectile.

Depp did walk away until she sued him over Me 2.

The thing with Kevin Porter was he was violent with other folks, staff members, coaching staff, probably hotel staff, GMs, random people.

#245 daywalker02, Sep 11, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
    Caesar likes this.
  6. Victorious

Victorious Member

Not surprised anymore

[​IMG]

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lil punk!!!!

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

He may have always been pleasant to Craig Ackerman, he seems to know who to be nice to and who he can **** all over. All I know is that some of the people that work in the building when KPJ is at practice or rehabbing, absolute loathe him and have stories. Some of them were calling in sick to avoid him. He can be a very likeable person and charming - but there are two sides to KPJ.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Respect to both DD and Bobby, two of his biggest fans, for mature responses on page 1. No sarcasm.

This is a really horrible situation. Domestic abuse can happen in the heat of the moment but is never okay. Sucks, he is going to need help, as his life could really spiral from here. He has tasted NBA money and fame and doesn't have any foundation of intelligence or maturity to rely on.

10. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

The Rockets don’t need to do any waiting. Cut him now.

DreamQuake and dobro1229 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't know if he's dumb persay. Obviously the interviews fooled me in terms of demeanor but his interviews show some level of inteodpwcti that makes me think he isn't a dumbass. He just has severe emotional maturity problems. I guess you can say that is a form of intelligence. But when he speaks it's hard to tell he's below average intelligence as he seems rather well spoken

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Maybe I've missed that, but to be honest, unless DD had more information that I had, he'd have no reason to think that KPJ isn't maturing, and the personality issues weren't a problem. Yes we knew there were issues with maturity, but has it ever been reported out to us that KPJ has this level of instability?

I guess shame on the Rockets beat writers, insiders, etc. for allowing the Rockets PR to lie to us. Feigan, Iko, etc. need to do a reality check here about how they cover for the Rockets if there really are things happening that they just refuse to report that amount to violence against women etc.

To me there is personality silliness and then there is something like this which in a whole other category. I don't think a fan like me deserves to be lambasted for not knowing that KPJ's issues were like this, and not just silliness like complaining about his locker.

However the leaving at halftime thing should have cost him majorly. At the very least a move to a bench role. That's a sports issue though, and quitting on your team. That's still separate from domestic violence.,

Up until now... if someone was defending him from a basketball perspective, and giving him a second chance to mature... I get that. Anyone defending him AFTER today... is a piece of sh$t. Nobody I see today (especially DD) is defending him.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, I think people underestimate how many guys could put up 19ppg in today's high-scoring league if given free reign to essentially do whatever they wanted. Points per game went up by about 20% over the last couple decades and everybody got better at shooting three pointers.

People might be tempted to think of KPJ as at least being Cuttino Mobley-esque, but Mobley would have been much better than KPJ if time warped into the same situation. The scoring environment when Mobley was putting up 20 was much, much lower.

verse and HardenReturns like this.
  14. fchowd0311

I've even defended KPJ from a character standpoint based on what I saw in the past year.

But distant observers can always be easily fooled like me or Dakota. There is no deserving of criticism for that.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

16. fchowd0311

There definitely is a level of intelligence and sociopathy in KPJ in that he knows what to say and how today it to convince people around him that he's a pleasant person to be around with.

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is simply not true…his defense of KPJ went far beyond a basketball perspective

he defended or excused away all his of off-court and pouty on-court antics…excused away his throwing food and driving off at halftime too

not only did he know about the previous incident KPJ had where he punched a woman, this was the type of stuff he said about it

No beating of a girl was ever found, just one dubious story where the girl had zero marks on her......and the police never charged or found any evidence to charge him.

Got anything else, something REAL perhaps?

DD

“Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kevin Porter Jr. was accused of "punching a woman in the face and ripping off her weave" in an August fight, according to Adam Ferrise of Cleveland.com.

Porter, who was arrested Sunday on suspicion of mar1juana and gun possession in a separate incident, has not been charged in the reported August altercation. Police told the two women who accused Porter that they would need to contact the city prosecutor's office if they planned to pursue those accusations.

Porter was not questioned by police following the alleged Aug. 16 altercation, as he drove away from the scene before authorities arrived. Police reports said that the two women who accused Porter of punching a woman and two other witnesses offered corroborating testimonies.”

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

20. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is this saying "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me." He fooled you more than twice, and for that the shame is definitely on those who supported him.