1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Bump.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

;);)
    I wasn’t talking about the food. Just the cities as a whole.

I only had duck one of the times I was there. It was fine though I liked the doughy bread that came with it I remember that ;)

AroundTheWorld and daywalker02 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A lot more will come out once he is out of the door.

Rockets kept it secret as his Alma mater did.

4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Hope this was explanation enough for you.

BallSoHarden, AroundTheWorld and Hui like this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

B-b-but he was good for a season! That means means everything is in the past and that all you naysayers' concerns are irrelevant and y'all just a bunch of haters. Yeah... folks rarely permanently shed their skins, most just wear a new one temporarily.

Pistol Pete likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

It always come back to this...Signs.
    [​IMG]

7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Early last year when he was on the sideline rubbing his forehead and trying not to blow up during a game, Boban was patting his shoulder to calm him down.... It was obvious he was not in check with himself.

Jayzers_100 and Joe Rocket like this.
  8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

The rain is wet, the sky is blue and KPJ...
    Things that never change.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No it wont people will move on, no one will even ask.

DD

Ren ason likes this.
  10. kpdark

kpdark Member

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

This proves that kpj never changed, never had control over his emotions, was never going to accept coming off the bench or criticism from Udoka. Things were doomed to blow up in the middle of the season at any signs of adversity. With that in mind it is better off that we are getting rid of his ass before training camp and starting everything fresh. Amen gets more usage and Cam gets a shot at the rotation. In a perfect world where kpj is a changed man he would have made this team better. In the real world he would have blown up this season and sabotaged the team. Good riddance, addiction by subtraction.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well whether he changed some, a little or none, doesn't matter now - and we have more than enough to cover for his absence with Brooks here and Amen and Cam off the bench....though Amen and Cam are a couple years behind his talent....it doesn't matter as the team isn't contending for at least 2 more years....and probably 3 or 4.

He is out of the way, though, so no distractions.

I would have liked to see how he responded to Ime, so that the Rox could have gotten some value out of trading him, but that is gone now.....

DD

fattz likes this.
  13. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

kpj was a fringe nba-level player to begin with. nothing he does on the court contributes to winning. he has low iq, low effort, is incredibly inefficient, and doesn't make anyone around him better.

even without all the off-court incidents, his time in the nba was ticking and any sane franchise would have cut him long ago - for the rockets, i would have hoped this upcoming season would have been his very last chance to prove that he can fit in. glad he doesn't get that chance.

it was either going to be some sort of domestic off-the-court case or something within the team locker room. kpj was a ticking time bomb and most of us predicted this just from his terrible attitude on court during the game... just imagine how bad he would be with the cameras off... not even mentioning his littered past history of off-court incidents.

anyone who thinks rockets are worse off with kpj off the team... please. rockets were just handed a miracle cancer vaccine for one of the most aggressive cancers the nba has seen in some time.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I guess this means more minutes for Whitmore, Amen and Tate.

Btw, we could have dumped KPJ and a late frp to make room for Lopez and Landale. Instead we dumped 3 recent frp's who only ever played for Silas and a couple of second rounders to create cap space (i.e. we gave up 5 low to medium end prospects). Would be nice to have Christopher, Garuba and Tyty instead of KPJ right now.

Also been wondering: can't we get a disabled player exception? This situation is definitely caused by a major injury, albeit a mental one.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

“20-25 million a year would be a bargain!”

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

According to her sister he's never gonna walk again. I think then the Rockets can claim that disabled exception.

17. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

What’s the story with this ? I must have missed it

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. NewAge

NewAge Member

Again, Sterling Brown was in the fight and got cut. No evidence KPJ was in the fight, all it says was he was being b****y and hysterical.

The picture emerges of KPJ assaulting women, throwing hissy-fits, throwing food in unidentifiable direction but NO evidence of him getting into actual fights with other man.

Appears, KPJ is an A-level pouszy

20. J Rock

J Rock Member

I’m pretty sure his contract will be voided.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.