1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, a clean breakup would have sufficed.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This level of violence is going to get actual prison time rather than merely state instituted counseling and some community service work.

His career in the NBA is done if all these initial reports are accurate.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Broken bones in the face, and marks on the neck which auggest strangulation.

Nahhh. Idgaf if your lebron, GTFO.

That is absolutely unacceptable.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That really sucks for him, but it sucks a lot more for her. I hope it's not true.

If this ends up being true - that he beat a WNBA player - it's quite likely his career in the NBA will be over for some time.

What a tragic story.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

7. PatBev

PatBev Member

Looks like I’ll be getting a Amen jersey

DeBeards and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

his stans on here are the dumbest fcking people alive

“who cares that he ran away at halftime”

“who cares that he pouts on the court”

“he hasn’t had any incidents”

people like KPJr don’t learn…it was only a matter of time

9. fchowd0311

This message is for all those people who always say "guilty before being proven innocent is now the standard"all the time when these type of situations occur.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Redemption could be beautiful to most us people.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Didn’t this dumbass beat up a woman a few years ago, but no charges were ultimately pressed?

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

There is no place for the battery of women in society and especially not on my favorite basketball team. Kevin needs to face the consequences up to and including jail time for this it is completely unacceptable for any 'star' or fringe player to lash out violently, but even moreso to do it vs the people whom have supported you and loved you up to that point. Time to cut the strings and move on.

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

As Rockets' friendly as that contract was drafted, you would assume there is a morals clause that will allow them to get out of even next year's guaranteed salary. Maybe Bima could chime in.

HeyBudLetsParty likes this.
  14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah if he's been arrested, no, he hasn't been convicted in the court of law, but 99.8% chance he did it. Hard to get an arrest to happen at all in these cases, let alone when the guy is rich and famous.

This is the last straw. The dude has no self control and is a total POS. Get him off the team.

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

As Rockets' friendly as that contract was drafted, you would assume there is a morals clause that will allow them to get out of even next year's guaranteed salary. Maybe Bima could chime in.

apollo33 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It would be a tragedy if he only gets a slap on the wrist. He clearly has limited impulse control and he’s been given excessive opportunities to redeem himself. He’s a lost cause.

17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he seriously hit this girl hard enough to break a bone in her face, I hope he loses everything and does hard time. The sad thing is you had his stans talking about how she was the reason he was turning his life around.

18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Dude is an idiot. Can’t control his emotions and just threw his career away. Has had every opportunity to make a change. I have no sympathy for men who abuse women. As a rockets fan I actually feel some relief. I’m ready to get off this ride. This accelerates the culture shift.

19. fchowd0311

That seemed to be a mutual fight where both parties were violent. I believe the women he hit was in a physical altercation with his sister and he got in and hit her hence no charges. That incident after learning context didn't give me much red flags given the context. I mean now there aren't even flags. We know who is now with this incident. There is no more assuming or hoping now that he is an improved person.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Those that wanted to compare his ish to Dream slapping Max... Reality check.