1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meet Me in the Middle

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by MadMax, Sep 5, 2023.

1. raining threes

TLTR

But what I did read told posters what they should be doing, thinking and was very passive aggressive. You're free to think whatever you want, give others the same courtesy.

Wulaw Horn, Tomstro and The Beard like this.
  2. raining threes

TLTR

But what I did read told posters what they should be doing, thinking and was very passive aggressive. You're free to think whatever you want, give others the same courtesy.
    Just because people analyze and critique Dusty's bad lineups, doesn't mean they don't appreciate the winning. These two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Wulaw Horn and Tomstro like this.
  3. The Drake

The Drake Member

I don’t think the constant winning has rotted the fanbase. Instead, I think the Astros are so good, they’ve raised the standard and our expectations as fans.

In 2015, we were partying off just making the playoffs. Now, losing is the ALDS would be a disappointment, even though by some measures it could be considered a “successful” season.

I’d hate to have a “lost season” at this point, as we’re right in the thick of a legitimate championship window - which is where a lot of the fan frustration comes from.

IBTL, Wulaw Horn and Tomstro like this.
  4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

5. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

This this this this this.
    When my unathletic kid goes out and does a back handspring that's really loose and not great I'm in amazement that my little girl, whose got a lot of her mothers non-athleticism- has stuck with something long enough that she can do something like that and I'm very proud and happy. When the athletic one does the same thing it's like- listen to your instructor, tighten that up, do it again until you get it right. I'm proud of her too, but I know she is physically capable of doing stuff the other one isn't and I want to see her give it her best shot just like the other one is giving it her best shot.
    This Astros team doesn't seem like it has decisions made to give it their best shot and we all know what it's capable of.

The Beard likes this.
  6. AkeemTheDreem86

How can it both be true that "we all have hope" and also that in pretty much every game thread for months someone (usually several folks) has posted #NotOurYear and/or #SeasonOver, - usually in the first 3 innings?

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Because it’s sports and you are talking about fans which is short for fanatic. Please try to understand this.

Wulaw Horn and IBTL like this.
  8. AkeemTheDreem86

You cannot simultaneously have hope and say the season is over, as those two viewpoints are diametrically opposed... Please understand logic, reason, and language.

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yes you can

10. AkeemTheDreem86

If the season was over, there would be no hope. That's literally what those words mean.

If you don't understand the definition of the words you use, perhaps using words just isn't for you.

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I don’t know what to tell ya man. You just dont understand, I guess.

IBTL likes this.
  12. AkeemTheDreem86

Hungry's!

My first was La Vista on Fountain View. Started as a bus boy when I was 14, worked up to waiting tables. Time flies when you're in the weeds.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

It builds character. You work with characters.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  14. AkeemTheDreem86

Yes.

You don't know what to tell me because one cannot articulate a point without a logical basis, much less knowledge of the definition of the words one uses.

I don't understand your point because it's nonsensical, irrational, patently false... And because you are unable to articulate it.

Again, to be clear, you just said one can both have hope and not have hope... At the same time.

15. AkeemTheDreem86

Much like the bbs.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

You absolutely ****ing can lol.

Tomstro likes this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

OH **** DRAKE DROPPIN BOMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSS sonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

18. AkeemTheDreem86

If the season was over, the would be no hope.

Saying the season is over is literally saying there is no hope.

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Waiting tables for several years or more, and at a few different places (that do different things) as means to pay your bills because you live on your own is when you fully understand the business. Working a summer at Chile’s or Applebee’s while you were in HS or college and living off your parents does not give you full appreciation of the life.

20. Buck Turgidson

Entitled whiney b****ery...reminds me of Yankee fan

tellitlikeitis likes this.