1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vivek Ramaswamy 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Feb 21, 2023.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

did you find out if paul pelosi is gay yet you hypocrite?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Primaries tend to turn everyone into a lizard. That being said, he's the most humanoid of all the lizards in the field.

I think to some extent he knows a lot of his Trump excuse making is total horseshit and he's doing it for strategic reasons, but when the cameras are off, I think he's probably the most clear-eyed and level-headed Republican... for whatever that's worth.

...did you watch the clip? He pretty much spiked that question into the ground.

It looks like Vivek so far is overachieving and off to a great start. He's trying to run the 2016 "i'm not like them" playbook and it may very well work. Attacks and criticism mean you're winning the attention game, which is pretty much all a primary is early on. Granted he has absolutely zero chance at the Presidency, but longer Trump stays out the fray the further he will go. It would be a complete moonshot if he lands a VP bid.

In the meantime, all Dems and disinterested observers should be rooting for him, if for no other reason than the chaos factor.

ROCKSS, Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

That’s too bad.
    Maybe that works for some people - but when a man is worth around a billion dollars, I am not going to assume that a $50,000,000 business deal is going to dictate how he acts. Besides, it is already pretty clear that his concern is finance - and that is usually tied into fossil fuels.

He is trying to expand the appeal of the pro business sector by attracting tangential groups.

Of course, at the end of the day 90% of what he says is negotiable and a lie - he is doing all of this for his ego, and for attention.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and ROCKSS like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The problem with Vivek is I really don't know what he believes because it's obvious he's just saying what he knows the MAGA base wants to hear in their fantasy land.

Once someone like Vivek gets into power, either he'll show that he's actually a normal person, or he'll show that he's like Trump who will move heaven and earth to seize power, and become an autocrat.

He's playing the MAGA base just like Trump did in 2015 and 16. It's so obvious to see, and depressing that so many people can be so gullible, and so devoid of reality.

Rocketeer, glynch and rocketsjudoka like this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have this time stamped at the very end of the video. The whole vid is generally worth watching i suppose. At the end though he refers to him as a car salesman. It's right on. This dude is the Pete Butt of R's. Folks like ATW are incapable of seeing this guy for what he is. Along with others on here that supported an empty shell like Pete Butt and for that matter king of all of them Trump.

Actual adults in the world somehow and in some way need another adult to lie to their face. Something they don't believe in and are only saying it for power and money. And said adults just lap it up like a good puppy. It's sad.

mikol13, Rashmon and dobro1229 like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The guy is clearly a crook, people who put business over country should not be in government - the job of government is to do what is right for the country not their own pocket books.

Selfish and greedy people fail to distinguish between the two.

DD

Rocketeer likes this.
  7. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

Vivek, Scott, and Haley will NOT be elected president by the MAGA GOP. They will not elect a woman or a man of color. It's moot point discussing any of them.

Rashmon and astros123 like this.
  8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Vivek's Hinduism is his biggest hindrance. He can talk about "God" all he wants, hardcore evangelicals will not vote for a Hindu.

Nook, DonnyMost and Mummywrap like this.
  9. dobro1229

He might or might not be an autocrat once he gets in power but the one thing that’s a given is we know he’ll be a grifter.

And the entire case that the GOP is trying to make against Hunter Biden (who I guess is running the western world) is that he’s a grifter. You just can’t with a straight face try to make a case against Biden using Hunter Biden as the your key piece of evidence and then say… ohh but Vivek is our guy!!

The only thing you are exposing is that you just want someone grifting for your tribe… and there’s no guarantee that Vivek would actually be grifting for team GOP. For all we know he’s a shill for Zuckerberg and Modi or something like that. Not even on team Putin/Orban who is their preferred handler.

10. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

While I agree with you, they will just view him and his name and assume he's Muslim.

astros123 likes this.
  11. dobro1229

Ehh.. the GOP see Allies all the time that are not Christian. Netanyahu is Jewish and historically the American right isn’t exactly fond of the Jews. Then there’s Trump who obviously is a fake Christian and embodies everything Jesus, John, and Luke in particular spoke out against in regards to false prophets or Antichrist figures.

The point is the evangelical right has lost their way and they only care about political power at this point anyways. As long as there’s an agreement to shove their core ideological fence posts in the ground they don’t care about what you actually believe. It’s completely transactional.

Hell they’d vote for Kaitlin Jenner (a trans person and they hate trans people) over Joe Biden (a straight faithful catholic) because they know Kaitlin Jenner would do their bidding.

mdrowe00 and ROCKSS like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well India is still primarily a caste system - and he is definitely one who believes in something similar if you listen too his rhetoric....

No thanks..

DD

ROXTXIA, mdrowe00 and astros123 like this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

What a sad depressing outlook we have for our governing institutions. We look at them as a reality tv show instead of civil servants who's jobs is to make our lives better. Why would anyone cheer for a individual who wants to strip away fundamental rights from young adults is beyond me.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why I wrote in another thread why I distrust populism as it often leads to nihilism.

Nook and astros123 like this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"We should raise the legal voting age to 25." (So that Republicans will almost never lose.)
    "We should give an AR-15 to every citizen of Taiwan as protection against invasion from China." (So that gun companies fund my campaign.)

And, sadly, the higher a statement falls on the outrageous index, the higher a candidate's popularity goes. Which Vivek knows.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vivek is too obvious in his pandering. Plus he's not white. I just can't see redneck America ever getting behind him - they will see him as an opportunist. It's too bad they can't see through Trump they way they will see through Vivek.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Really the only ones who keep bringing up Vivek's race and skin colour are leftists. I haven't seen a single conservative even talk about it.

Who are the racists again?

19. adoo

adoo Member

Haley knocks Ramaswamy over ‘childish name games’

Ramaswamy used Haley’s maiden name, Nimarata Randhawa, on his campaign site in a move that has drawn criticism as an attempted mock from a fellow Indian American.

“I’m not gonna get involved in these childish name games; it’s pretty pathetic,” Haley said.“I’m not gonna get involved in these childish name games; it’s pretty pathetic,” Haley said.​

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Because its easier to pretend it isn't a factor...

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.