1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2023 NFL Draft/1-2] C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2023.

?

Do you like the selection of C.J. Stroud?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2023.
  1. YES

84.4%
  2. NO

15.6%
  1. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

We can already see active tanking going on with Arizona’s recent moves. Expecting Demeco to tank like this is just ridiculous. We should all be hoping for Stroud’s success instead of pining for 2 uncertain future QBs that we weren’t even guaranteed to get.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. But we were forced to hope for his success because of a trade that didn’t need to be made

raining threes likes this.
  3. raining threes

We're hoping for the best, just wish they could've been patient. Not showing patience is very Texans like.

Oh well, water under the bridge, time to get behind Stroud and hope for the best.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. raining threes

We're hoping for the best, just wish they could've been patient. Not showing patience is very Texans like.

Oh well, water under the bridge, time to get behind Stroud and hope for the best.

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

No, very Texans like is taking WA at 2, losing all but 4 games with Mills, and being out tanked by 2 teams that need QBs and want 3+ 1st’s while we sit there with Mills and whoever is after the top 2 guys..

Or, Texans like is tanking all the way to #2 pick and one of Williams or Maye completely bombs their value a la Rattler..

not sure why you guys get to decide exactly how next years draft could have gone if I can’t too..

6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Maybe... but if the Texans end up with a top 3 pick that goes to Arizona I want Caserio fired.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. raining threes

I'm just saying that finishing with one of the worst records in the NFL shouldn't have been a problem if Mills is as bad as some make him out to be. That would put them with one of the top three QB's in the draft, all of whom I like better than Stroud.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree with this with with some equivocation. I don't see how, but if somehow they are top 3 but CJ looks like a franchise player, Will Anderson does too and they are showing a ton of promise...eh...but again, I don't see how that could be true and them be bottom 3.

Generally I think year needs to be Caserio's prove it year.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Shocker lol

13. Buck Turgidson

Didn't somebody spend a page or 2 here complaining that they hadn't done it yet?

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Do they “name” starters at every position, or is this a QB specific thing cause everyone cares about the QB.

Played great tonight with his 4 throws. All beauties imo.

ROCKSS, Ancient Moabite, Qan and 2 others like this.
  15. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

People are still here complaining about this move. You brought in the most sought after coach of the cycle, and the 1st thing you want to do as a fan base to your defensive minded young coach is say "Hey, Demeco, you mind tanking your 1st year?" We just had the Deshaun hold-out, then the post Deshaun years, and now we wanted this ownership group and new coach to tank 1 more time? C'mon guys.... that's such a Madden move.

NRG had turned into a bonafide ghost town...they had to do something. They got 2 of the top-3 players in the draft on their board. And so far, they've both played fairly well.... this is why we can't get nice things....we're already complaining about next year, when we haven't even performed this year yet...

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. verse

verse Contributing Member

There was no window there. More like a slide projector square film to throw into. Helluva pass.

19. raining threes

Nope, you bring in a vet to compete with Mills and maybe even draft a guy later

I remember when MMP was more of a ghost town than NRG has ever been, Crane and Luhnow showed patience and look at the results. When have the McNair's ever shown patience and did what's right for the on field product vs doing what's best for the marketing side of the business? VY? If he was the pick Kubiak would have quit.

20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

CJ made progress throughout camp and looked good last night, albeit its only 2 series against the 2nd team D. I expect him to struggle with flashes of upside, as long as he is making progress week to week I`ll be happy. He seems to be progressing nicely and can't wait to see him against the Ravens, it will be a dam good gauge to see where not only he is but the entire offense. For the first time in a long time I have hope and at the end of the day thats kind of nice