1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disney+] Ahsoka

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

ashoka ded

tinman likes this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

Just watch it. It was great.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jontro likes this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think they cast the voice actor from Rebels.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Successfully made it through 2 episodes without getting bored or rolling my eyes, a huge step up from almost all of the Disney+ series. Though I could see how somebody without Rebels viewership would have been completely uninterested in this.

Basically a glorified rebels ending recap, and basic story layout but it worked. Now can they actually create an interesting series, save for Andor they have almost completely failed in the regard.

Chopper couldn't make it one episode without wanting to increase their body count. They hit that droid out of the park, absolute perfection.

#45 sealclubber1016, Aug 23, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
    Yung-T and across110thstreet like this.
  6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Only watched the first episode so far, I was a little confused on who these characters were but I enjoyed it. Only issue I had in the first episode was Dawson's line delivery was sort of stiff throughout, don't remember if she played the character that way in the previous appearances....

7. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Watched it without seeing Rebels, but did some reading from Wiki just to catch up on the basics - that seemed enough to at least fill in some gaps. Really liked it, and felt the strength was the Sith/Apprentice storyline.

8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

What timeline does this show take place? Similar timeline to The Mandalorian?

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Season 2 of Mando when the made her first appearance and took the woman prisoner, it picks up pretty much right after that.

across110thstreet and marks0223 like this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

Liked. Cast was strong and had chemistry. Plot was reasonable. Not sure why they would tell where the map is, but I expect they can explain it. If Thrawn was defeated, why is he so important? And the "stab" needs some explaining. Also thought the the map would have been recorded by the droid or the room. But otherwise, entertained.

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Need to watch. Didn't realize it was out.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nevermind, im a gullible dumbass.

#52 Ottomaton, Aug 24, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
    Jontro likes this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I liked the first 2 episodes

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I haven’t seen any of the animated Star Wars stuff from years ago and watched the first two episodes. Some initial thoughts:

-It was a bit distracting to know I didn’t see those previous stories and wonder if I’m missing something. Apparently we weren’t and even Rebels fans are in the dark with many of the questions.

-Seems like a directors decision to have the characters delay their lines a bit. I know it’s trying to convey a slower pace but came off to me like I was watching a play where the actors were trying to remember their lines. The flow was just a little off on dialog.

-Action was solid to really good. The opening action scene with the baddies was fantastic.

-Nobody is ever dead in comics and Star Wars..

Ugh…I don’t know why they take the air out of the tires on characters death scenes. It would have been really interesting for Star Wars to subvert expectations by building up this important character and then using their death to drive the story forward.

-Rosario Dawson is perfectly cast. She’s fantastic in what she does… However there’s weird director decisions like having her arms crossed when nobody would ever cross them. Just thing that took me out of the moment.

-This Ezra Bridger (Phoebe Bridgers better be cast as his sister)character sure is being made out to be a big deal. A little exposition on this guy would be helpful if he’s going to show up and we are going to be expected to have a big emotional moment.

-Obviously Disney’s top CGI and practical set folks are over at Star Wars. The overall production just crushes the production of the MCU D+ shows.

I’ll keep watching for sure. Why not?

Jontro likes this.
  15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know specifically which scene you reference, but "arms crossed looking judgemental" was kind of her go-to pose for the animators in Clone Wars and Rebels. It may be another "cartoon thing" that went past you because you havent seen them.

upload_2023-8-24_23-28-46.png

Yung-T and dobro1229 like this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

ahsoka can get it. head tentacles and all

dobro1229 likes this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I guess that makes sense then. For me as a non Rebels watcher, it sort of was a distraction. But still a fan of what she’s doing here.

18. Buck Turgidson

I'll take the green chick

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. Buck Turgidson

Only thing I really didn't like was the "young person does dumb thing they were expressly told not to do and it backfires spectacularly" plot device. Just seemed lazy.

Joe Joe likes this.