1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: Daryl Morey is a Liar

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Roomba, Aug 14, 2023.

1. Asian Sensation

Sorry ass bum. Your loser hero is getting ‘spicy’ @clos4life

He has zero leverage. He should be glad he’s getting that $35.6 million.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

like non

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Roomba likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this because Morey supports Hong Kong ?

Jontro likes this.
  5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This mf spittin’

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's too delusional to understand that he can't have his money and his desired landing spot at this point in his career.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this deserves its own thread in the D&D

Roomba likes this.
  8. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Morey is smart though poor with culture issues. His main innovation was sophisticated ways to account for contracts and draft pick value, and the league has caught up. He has the same problems that Luhnow did, but without the champsionship.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Can the Sixers just cut him for conduct detrimental, or cut him when he refuses to show up?

I realize that's horrible, asset-wise, but jeez. They'll obviously be better off without him there.

Another question: does Jimmy think that, because he's in China, he can simply say he was mis-translated? :D

AleksandarN likes this.
  10. a time to chill

I think if they cut him they'd still be on the hook for his contract until another team signs him. I don't think there are any teams with the cap space to sign him. If he holds out, the Sixers don't have to pay. Harden's trade value is low anyway so Morey can be petty and make this as painful as possible for Harden.

Harden needs to realize that whatever side deal he thought he had with Morey doesn't make long-term sense for the Sixers. Morey's obligation is to the Sixers - not Harden. And Harden said he wanted to win a championship; he's in the best position to do that in Philly. But because he's not getting the contract he wants, he's pulling a scorched earth....boohoo! No wonder why this dude never won a championship.

ryan_98, AroundTheWorld and B-Bob like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

don't understand. please speak english

12. a time to chill

[Pompey] Sixers’ James Harden: ‘Daryl Morey is a liar and I will never be a part of an organization that he’s a part of’
    https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/harden-liar-morey-sixers-trade-wont-play-again-20230814.html

13. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Completely agree. As they say, “Pride goeth before the fall.”
    Nailed it.

Also, it did not help Luhnow's rep that the team was caught "cheating" while he was here, and yet won a title after he left. Makes him look worse.

I will never forgive him or Hinch for losing in 2019. If we had won, that team would have rated in the top 10 MLB teams of all time!!

intergalactic likes this.
  14. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Completely agree. As they say, “Pride goeth before the fall.”
    Nailed it.

Also, it did not help Luhnow's rep that the team was caught "cheating" while he was here, and yet won a title after he left. Makes him look worse.

I will never forgive him or Hinch for losing in 2019. If we had won, that team would have rated in the tope 10 teams of all time!!

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. a time to chill

Kevin McHale was driving around and called into NBA Sirius XM radio to give his two cents. Basically said that Morey and Harden were like Brangelina...the love affair is over. He feels terrible /s. LMAO.

I'm paraphrasing here:

Said he never did the little things (i.e. dirty work) to win a championship like ball distribution, being a great team defender, etc. He could do it, he just didn't want to do it. Blamed Morey for letting him slide for a lot of stuff and it has come back to bite him. He was at odds with Harden and Morey because of this issue. Morey was analytically driven and never demanded that James did the little things required of a top guy to win a championship. For example, James never in a team huddle would say that he would defend the other team's hot guy to shut him down. He was just content to score a lot. Said James' passing ability is elite. You can't teach that. The problem is that all the things you can teach him, he didn't want to do it.

Said in the playoffs, teams are good at taking away your first option, it's hard to take away your second and third option. Your top guy when he doesn't have the ball, can't stand around...he has to be cutting and moving. Said that Doc tried to get him to play this way and that's why Doc got fired.

Yung-T, ryan_98 and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

If I was James Harden's agent right now I'd be pulling out my hair and weeping while watching homemade p*rnography

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Only 1 game though.

20. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Well then. It would be nice for Harden to elaborate. Details makes comprehension better.