1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rules for thee but not for me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Salvy, Aug 6, 2023.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again this argument basically says that Republicans can’t think for themselves but just react to what “the Left” does.

mtbrays and dobro1229 like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yep. But you and I know that it’s classic gaslighting in order to try and get the more liberal media to self censor their negative news on Trump and get in Democratic voters heads that they should feel guilty for caring too much about thing like you know… Trump attempting to overturn elections.

Gaslighting has become one of if not the key weapon in the modern information wars.

VooDooPope likes this.
  3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

This is my last comment on this topic. We're just going round and round.

If he truly had to "steal" it, it wouldn't have happened. How would Trump have actually stayed in power. C'mon.. like all of this, your side characterizes everything in the most unflattering terms to inflict political damage. Sure, both sides do it but Trump is such an easy target because he is aggressive and combative while Biden is just Sleepy Joe.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're going round and round because you're both-sides'ing everything to death and refuse to acknowledge that what Trump did was fundamentally different from every other president who has lost an election and had to hand over the keys to his successor.

If convincing slates of fake electors to sign fake electoral certificates to give to the vice president on January 6 isn't "stealing" an election I don't know what is. You keep playing dumb and asking "How would Trump have actually stayed in power??" when the answers are in the indictment that I'm not sure you've read and volumes of post-election reporting:
    • Get fake electors in battleground states to sign and submit fake electoral certificates saying that President Trump won their states, not Joe Biden. (Hint: this is the crime)
    • Transmit these fake certificates to Vice President Pence on January 6.
    • Convince Pence to say "Welp, we've got two certificates from Arizona and I don't know which is correct! We can't count these electoral votes."
    • Remove Biden's electoral college advantage, deny him a 270+ majority, and throw the issue to the House where Trump is declared the winner in a contingent election because the GOP controlled more state delegations, not total seats.

You want to say "my side" and, yes, I primarily vote for Democrats. However, as I've said before, if Joe Biden or Barack Obama tried to pull a hostile takeover of the federal government I'd be just as angry as I was when Donald Trump tried it. Failing to acknowledge that you're more interested in short-term negative partisanship than the long-term survival of our democracy is precisely why people are dunking on you in this thread. You've been given every piece of publicly-available information and continue to say "Well, I dOn'T kNoW, sLeEpY jOe!!"

rocketsjudoka likes this.