1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calling all sports bettors...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bleedroxred79, Aug 2, 2023.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

The idea was thought of Dec 14th 2013. It was made into a system a month later. 10 years of tweaking is what it is today. It sat on the shelf for years, here and there. I'm ready to monetize it. I'm obviously not going to explain it in detail but I what I can do, is paint a picture.

Let's say you wager $100 on a 2 game parlay. The payout is $160, you walk away with $260. You put the same $100 in my system, the same two teams in the parlay need to win but instead of profiting $160 you may only profit $10 or you may profit $6,000 based on certain conditions. It's a gamble within a gamble. The payouts are what make it exciting. So you think, how the hell can you win $6,000 on $100 dollars? The answer is obvious, upsets (+)

So back to my original question. What do I do?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

First thing I would do is figure out a way to explain it better, because that example didn't help at all.

YOLO likes this.
  3. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I'm trying to explain it without giving too much detail. I'll just continue to play it and post the winnings on Twitter

4. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Your first post had me interested. This post made me think I would never bet on this, it’s terrible.

5. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah so basically the $10 to $6K discrepancy is contingent on a bunch of hedging as i suspected. And hedging with a parlay with another parlay with horrible odds (upsets) to begin with, is the only way you get a payout that high. not exactly something that's new or hasn't been done before

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

if it's apparently good enough for twitter to see, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be good enough for CF's to see. I mean you did literally post a thread and ask for feedback on this very board yet you'll just let twitter see. strange

9. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Posting a winning parlay card shows a winner not the system used

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean it doesn't really matter. you could post the parlay card here but for whatever reason that's not the case and only for twitter

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wrt “for whatever reason”: Someone in this thread suggested he should start posting his results to twitter, as a way to record them, for when he looks for someone who might invest.

In this thread’s context, posting to twitter has nothing to do with not posting here

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean if you're trying to post on twitter, the main reasons would be for exposure and hopefully getting lucky with networking. same could be said on this board. but again it isn't the right place apparently, even though feedback is being sought here

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You seem to be irritated with something, as if OP said he’s taking his posts to twitter, instead of “this board”

If so, that’s not what happened.

Posting to twitter was @Xerobull feedback to OP. OP was asking for advice, and in his exchange with Xerobull, basically said, I’ll take your advice to post to twitter.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. it's just strange not posting on the very platform hes seeking feedback from. kind of hard getting feedback when folks are still trying to figure out the gist of clarity in the topic

and yes his reply to Donny's request for a better explanation, seemingly puts it that way when he says he won't go into much detail and post the winnings on twitter

15. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Anyone use Bovada for betting? Any issues using it in Texas?