1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Joe Joe, May 8, 2023.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm okay with the deal. I didn't see Lee as someone the Astros were going to keep long term. With that being said, I figured he would have been part of a package for a starter.

I like that Dana isn't waiting until the last day to get something done as this was my issue with Click. I thank the Dodgers for getting movement started with the deadline.

2. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Lee reunites with Vaughn in Chicago.

I don't really think Lee was in the team plans going forward. He just never really put it together in the Big Leagues. Could be wrong. Wish him the best though. Good luck.

prospecthugger and Nook like this.
  3. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

This should quiet those that think Yanier Diaz is a trade chip.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm hoping we get the Astros Graveman back. I'm a little disappointed that Lee still didn't have enough prospect luster to get back a reliever that would induce less heartburn.

prospecthugger likes this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I've been saying Graveman was the no brainier choice all along. Lee is redundant with Diaz.

AznH-TownFan likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nobody was legitimately saying that... unless they were trying to gauge true value for long-shot trades for guys like Soto or Ohtani.

Diaz has at the very least proven himself to be a guy worthy of being a mid-order DH against righties. That has value by itself. Add his ability to catch and/or play first, and you're not going to ever get a guaranteed 1-1 return.

7. Jeremy Williams

This

8. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Bottom line is this trade makes the team better this year and next.

Lee may become an all-star but that's just the price.

Both Brown and Dusty have publicly said that Diaz is the catcher of the future.

The bullpen is gassed and needs another leverage arm to help them recover.

Neris, Maton, and Stanek are FA so the 2024 bullpen was looking like Pressly, Abreu, Montero and a bunch of AAAA guys.

Remember last year when Pressly, Montero, Abreu, and Neris with Stanek as the #5 guy was the most dominant playoff bullpen ever?

Well now there is: Pressly, Abreu, Neris, Graveman, and Maton with Montero and Stanek as the #6 and #7 guys.

If they can recover and hit the playoffs fresh it could be another great run.

9. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

What do some of you think about Contreras of the Cards being shopped?
    I wouldn't want him at his price tag but it sounds like they are really wanting him gone. Idk. They would have to eat some of that cash.

10. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I wouldn't doubt a lateral move of a bull pen guy. Martinez might be sent down

11. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Somebody has to he.

Only allowed 13 pitchers.

Bregatron likes this.
  12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Dont make me like maldonado again man...

everyday eddie, IBTL and jayfree like this.
  13. Radricky

Radricky Member

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

he still has his moments but the clock is ticking

15. conquistador#11

Click/ Dana

[​IMG]

The shirtless meme also works. Oh and the guy standing in front and then in the back.

J.R. likes this.
  16. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

With the emergence of Diaz, Lee was nowhere to be found in the future plans of the Astros. His value in this organization was wholly dependent on what he could bring back in a trade. Apparently, that value is 1.5 years of a set-up man. Anyone lamenting the loss is still focused on his draft position and not his actual worth as a player.

Keith Law (I know) makes it seem like he has regressed in the eyes of scouts.
    Lee was Houston’s first-round pick in 2019, a modest surprise who wasn’t on my predraft top 100, someone the Astros liked more for some of his metrics than from a scouting perspective. He performed well enough to project as a soft regular until he reached Triple A last year, where he’s become a much less disciplined hitter, chasing way more pitches out of the zone, like he’s trying to just mash his way to the big leagues. It’s enough to make me think he’s more likely a backup than a starter, but he still has that everyday ceiling if he gets back to the hitter he was through 2021, swinging at strikes and putting the ball in play rather than trying to dead-pull so many pitches.

jayfree likes this.
  17. jayfree

jayfree Member

"Korey Lee is just Adam Everett with more power" ;)

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd hate it on one level.... but he'd really give the team a boost at the plate

19. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Martinez can go down I think they will try and get another BP arm aswell. Which could force thwre hand to move a Stanek or hopefully Montero.
    I think this team should do everything ro get Hader here this BP would be shut down. But again they would have to move away from Montero to make that happen.
    I dont think Neris opts out he loves it here. And I'd almost certainly thi k Maton might leave . Stanek who cares.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

no thanks

awc713 and jayfree like this.