1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bronny James collapses on court w/ cardiac event

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 25, 2023.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I'm not being negative, I hope he fully recovers and lives a long life. What I'm saying is, having a heart attack at his age is a huge red flag physically. I don't foresee him continuing his basketball career. That's my opinion.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Christian Eriksen from the Danish soccer team collapsed on the pitch during a major tourney and then got a peacemaker or ICD implanted.

Went to Man United after that.

3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Gotta love the "people with fundemental reading and comprehension problems" throwing out the #1 cause of athlete death in favor of a cause nobody has ever actually died from.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Iverson would be all over ....who needs practice....as it happened during an USC practice session.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

although it's true covid does that, I think what some people are pointing out is we did not see this while sports was still going on and fans weren't allowed in arenas, but as soon as the mass vax campaign was underway this started to become more noticeable and has only increased. at this point we don't know for sure what it was for Bronny or that singer yesterday too

well we still do have polio but it comes from vaccinated people now according to the CDC, and it was dropping long before the vax anyway thanks to better sanitation and plumbing. but I get your point

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

His dad is Lebron. He’s going to get drafted, and who cares how high he’d go, his dad is a BILLIONAIRE. The kid could really have had a congenital situation that could not be helped.
    ( Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy or an Anomalous Coronary Artery ). There’s no need to muddy the kids name for no reason. I hope he recovers and lives a full life. Basketball or no basketball.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

While I agree with you, people look to specific causes because we're not getting the full story. All these young kids/teens and athletes sudden deaths, heart attacks, blood clots - nobody is actually saying whether or not they previously had Covid and/or if they've been vaccinated.

However, they CONVIENIENTLY HAVE NO PROBLEM with identifying if a certain patient was NOT vaxxed - heck it was plastered it all over the place until Putin put an end to Covid (iykyk) - countless articles of unvaxxed dying, hospitalizations, etc. Even Joe Biden claiming "the winter of death" for unvaxxed.

This is why people against the Covid vaccine go straight to this theory.

8. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

One can only dream to be as wise and intelligent as you are one day. You people got it all figured out, and you're not even doctors!

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The very same people who are very quick, in any other context, to say stop talking about Covid, that happened years ago.

I'd like to know how you thought it would be good to say "it's not an agenda, it's statistics" and then provide no statistics.

(I agree with your deductive reasoning about pharma but that's obviously not relevant to any statistical analysis.)

To the D&D we go!

Post-script: I am an unvaccinated right leaning moderate with a masters in statistics. I just hate people on the extreme ends of Dunning-Kruger. To believe something is fine, to preach to others out of a place of ignorance is the height of human malfeasance. The fact that we are even having this conversation as the first reaction to a kid having a heart attack before any published medical documentation... shows the state we're in.

#109 napalm06, Jul 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
  10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Really scary thing to happen especially to someone so young. Hopefully they can identify the cause and correct it so he can continue playing.

Corpusfan and BigM like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

RocketWalta likes this.
  12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I'm literally a doctor, but you don't listen to doctors anyway, so how is that relevant?

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

B-Bob likes this.
  14. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

This literally has been going on since the beginning of time, about 150 kids a year get it and it’s usually due to a cardiac defect

If you think it’s due to Covid vaccination that only proves you’re a dumb ass.. and/or trying desperately to find something to prove your religion right.

Corpusfan and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  15. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Professor Peter Hotez ladies and gentlemen, thank you for all that you do good sir!

16. i3artow i3aller

17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Watch Lebron make a statement that his son is doing better because of his fatherhood skills or something...then he'll drop the mike.

Dredd likes this.
  18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If my youtube/facebook account was redneck47, would you listen? Just trying to prevent the spread of fake news.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If my youtube/facebook account was redneck47, would you listen? Just trying to prevent the spread of fake news.
    Why bother with the D&D? You can't logically debate people who's entire position is based on 3 youtube videos and a fox News segment.

Just tag them with "has never linked evidence before," and then troll them. It works with basketball and politics.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Easy to say this until the unvaxxed are taking up all the hospital beds, while vaccinated elderly that need that care are dropping like flies. If you choose to be unvaxxed, folks at the hospital should be able to choose to not care for you over someone else that got vaccinated.

If Covid was knocking off kids as it did the elderly, I wonder If people would still be pro-choice on effective vaccines.