1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fletcher Magee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 17, 2023.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

"Who does he remind you of?"
    "Larry Bird"
    "Really? That's the only guy?"
    "Yeah"
    "What about ..."
    "No"

theDude and i3artow i3aller like this.
  2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

IMG_5250.jpeg

raining threes likes this.
  3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Only if he does this when coming through the tunnel.
    [​IMG]

ramotadab likes this.
  4. ramotadab

ramotadab Member

"On March 21, 2019, against Seton Hall, Fletcher broke the all-time NCAA record for most career three point field goals, surpassing JJ Redick, Stephen Curry, and Travis Bader, who previously had 504, in the First Round of the NCAA tournament."

Even if he is half as decent as 2/3 guys on that list he will have a nice NBA career. Get'r done Morey.

PWR likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Better McGee.....a Magoo.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Fletcher Magee is the whitest name I've ever heard and my name's Chester McGee.

7. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

He’s got a stunningly fantastic haircut and a sweet stroke, get ‘er done Stone!

ramotadab likes this.
  8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

upload_2023-7-17_17-22-53.jpeg

He’s pretty tall with the Afro- so I like that

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Damn, if he could become Travis Bader for us

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Teams have to first fill *all* 15 roster spots before they get the new, third 2-way spot.

until you roster 15 standard NBA contracts, you only get two 2-ways.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Really solid dog name

His offensive game is cute, but I really wasn't liking what I saw on defense/boards, seems like the kind of player who needs to play next to a monster defensive C.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

He needs to ditch the Roman haircut, but dude is a baller and can shoot a bit--46/44/91 career percentage in college. With basically 3 positions left, we should let Mayer, Samuels, Hinton and Magee fight it out. Hell maybe they beat out Days who just looks like a guy from the little I've seen him play. The other 4 guys all seem to offer a bit more than him, but get them all to training camp and let their play sort out the last few spots.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

In 4 years of NCAA ball his 3 point percentages: .479 . .423, .439, .419

Ft % by year: .925, .893, .907, .910

Shooters gonna shoot.

Too bad he's not 2-3 inches taller.

As for the two ways, I hope they get rid of both Hudgins & Days. I don't think either of them ever help an NBA roster.
    I'd rather they kept Fletcher Magee & Matthew Mayer .... and the 3rd spot roll the dice on a 3D wing or a rim runner big. Players that have some remote chance of making the big team at some point.

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Fletcher Magee sounds a like villain in an Adam Sandler movie.

raining threes and ramotadab like this.
  15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I liked what I saw from Hudgins. Days, on the other hand, is a meh.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Roster Limitations.
    (i) No Team may have on its roster at any time more than three (3) Two-Way Players.

(ii) No player under a Two-Way Contract may be on the Active List for more than fifty (50) games during a Regular Season. If a player is signed to a Two-Way Contract after the start of a Regular Season, the maximum number of games for which such player may be on the Active List during that Regular Season shall be fifty (50) multiplied by a fraction, the numerator of which is the number of days remaining in such Regular Season as of the date such Two-Way Contract is entered into (including the day on which the Two-Way Contract is entered into), and the denominator of which is the total number of days of such Regular Season, rounded to the nearest whole number; provided, however, that in no event shall the maximum number of games for which a player may be on the Active List be fewer than one (1).

(iii) Any Regular Season game for which a Team has fewer than fifteen (15) players signed to Standard NBA Contracts shall be an “Under-Fifteen Game.” No Team shall be permitted to have a Two-Way Player on its Active List for more than ninety (90) Under-Fifteen Games during a Regular Season. For purposes of the foregoing rule: (A) an Under-Fifteen Game for which a Team has one (1) Two-Way Player on its Active List shall count as one (1) Under-Fifteen Game; (B) an Under-Fifteen Game for which a Team has two (2) Two-Way Players on its Active List shall count as two (2) Under-Fifteen Games; and (C) an Under-Fifteen Game for which a Team has three (3) Two-Way Players on its Active List shall count as three (3) Under-Fifteen Games.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It was only over 4 games in summer league, but dude shot an insane 54% from 3. His college shooting also checks out. I get that he’s small, but damn he seems like a dead eye shooter. Mayer too. The two white boys can really stroke it ;)

I like Hudgins and clearly he’s improving his shooting, but if you look at his G-league shooting efficiency, it’s not very good. Being that they’re both undersized, there’s an argument to be made for using a 2-way or roster spot on the better shooter. And this McGee kid is definitely a shooter.

Even though Amen got hurt and Bari/Tari only played two games, this was one of the most fun summer league squads I’ve watched. We had a very successful summer league. And there’s definitely guys on this summer league roster that are worthy of 2-way contracts.

#38 Aruba77, Jul 17, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
    Corrosion, Rustyrig, Shark44 and 3 others like this.
  19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

DAYS SUCKS! Wish we could use his ten day on one of the other three stars who shined in the summer eague. That Hinten kid looked good and hustled his butt off.

Corrosion and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We have Head Honcho. What we are missing is a Mayer in town.