1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Amen delusion must stop

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Noob Cake, May 17, 2023.

Tags:
  1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Looks pretty freaking good to me.

2. invocux

invocux Member

Going after members of your own fanbase after just 1 summer league game is sth entirely different i'm sorry. Cool you are obssesed with Amen you like his thing inside you i'm not here to question your sexuality but we want him to be successful too. I'm not gonna stop following The Rockets once he starts making 3s. Ppl don't learn Jabari was looking good in the summer league in 2022 and he looked like a bust in the 80% of the season. It's almost like playing against grown man is a bit more challenging. Ppl can try to spin it as much as they want but Amen doubters have a valid reason to doubt him. He's lacking the most important skill in bb. Being a bad shooter in bb is almost as bad as being a bad passer in soccer. You are standing on the edge of unplayable territory. If he doesn't fix his shot he's undoubtedly f*cked.

#302 invocux, Jul 9, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You frame things like the OP did and he deserves everything he gets back.

Also wtf...people weird as ****.

charlieaustin and Stephen_A like this.
  4. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#304 burlesk, Jul 9, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
    don grahamleone likes this.
  5. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Your clutchfans life will be so much nicer if you just mute the blowhards who are hyper confident about everything they post, then refuse to consider anything that might contradict that, then resort to personal attacks (or simply disappearing) when there is nothing left to say. Why keep listening to people who do not respect anything but their own ego?

On the minus side, it makes threads like this very odd to read - just a long list of one-way debates with (I assume) people like @Bobbythegreat , @YOLO, etc.

6. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

7. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

This is the way

don grahamleone, Bo6 and burlesk like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jabari didn't look good in SL what are you talking about? He had like 1 good game as center and played like garbage the rest of the time.

bmelo likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DOUBLES DOWN! What's impressive is going off of ZERO games. OTE GAMES... LOL. You guys were sooooo certain he was trash. Getting shaky yet???

Gradey Dick is a starter, and Amen will sit! The balls on you!

Ren ason, Yung-T and eliefor3 like this.
  10. invocux

invocux Member

I mean Amen might not start a year or two until he fixes his shot while Gradey will if he keeps shooting well. Clutchfans might but they don't like nonshooters in nba.

11. invocux

invocux Member

I don't watch sl games but he looked very solid in the only one i watched. If he was **** in others i'm not aware but my point stands sl games are not good indicators of success. Sure you can immediately tell if player x is athletic or not and how that might effect him in nba but you already know his weaknesses since you wathced his college tapes. Also they play 2-3 games, they are mostly not ready, they don't know each other so miss me with "Amen has played good in 1 sl game look at your face now doubter :cool:" bs

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

First guy I've heard simply forget shooting, didn't mention it as a positive or a negative.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Amen looked good in SL it means it's only gonna be better for him because he is so raw and unpolished since he basically wasted 2 yrs of his life in OTE.

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Alot of Hate Receipts of Amen Thompson Haters, very shameful, get your life together.

This is sports, Athletes don't care about you. Work on Yourself, Improve Yourself.

Move to another to another Country since US Economy is going downhil.

Ren ason likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

This guy called it 3 weeks ago

17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

He looked a like a vet out there on his debut. Also his shooting mechanics already looked worlds better than the OTE tape showed.

If you're not excited about this dude then you are not a Rockets fan. This dude is going to be our franchise player in 3 years.

18. bmelo

bmelo Member

Jabari had 10 good games total in a whole season… give Tari those minutes he top3 roy

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

After a good summer league debut and an injury to prevent further appearances - the legend of Amen Thompson has only JUST BEGUN.

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Jabari didn’t look good last year in the sunmer league. He shot .377 overall and .259 in 3%. His defense on the other hand looked good, which he showed he was capable of throughout the regular season. While we don’t know what Amen will be, he did a few things I haven’t seen him do such as shooting and making an 8 ft floater and he flashed a post turnaround fadeaway even though he missed. His defense was great with uncanny ability to strip the ball. He can get to the paint with ease and showed great explosiveness. When he had the ball on the perimeter he was poised, patient, in control and made all the right plays. He did go 1/1 in 3s. Remember Deaaron Fox and Ja Morant aren’t good shooters but they stress defenses because they can do so many other things. Amen can do everything but shoot consistently. As long as Amen has some sort of jumper whether its a 3 pt shot or a 15-18 ft mid range shot he will be stellar in this league.

roslolian likes this.