1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN lets me write about the Texans!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by drapg, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I'll have to second that one.

Congrats!!!

So what is your preseason draft outlook for the Texans. Give us a glimpse.

2. drapg

drapg Member

I'm gonna publish it by Saturday. I'm currently finalizing my annual football statistical analysis database for my upcoming draft.

Oh the days I waste on this thing every August!

3. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Congrats drapg. I hope great and mighty things come out of this deal for you and your family.

4. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Can ESPN hook it up? Tell them you know Mickey Mouse..

Anyways, congrats drapg and have a blast!!!

5. drapg

drapg Member

Update:

Jon and Lance were kind enough to give me a contact at the Texans to discuss this possibility...

I left a message for the guy, he called back later and laughed at me and said "Come one man, this is fantasy football. We can't do that! It's fantasy!"

Nice.

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

greatness including a saved by the bell quote from the addiction episode. hopefully you don't develop one as well from the pressures to stay up late into the night to write perfect fantasy columns for us.

it really speaks to just how far western civilization has come that we now have to hire people to write 3 times a week about fantasy internet teams because there are enough people like me who wanna read it. it's just beautiful.

sorry about the no media credentials thing.

7. drapg

drapg Member

I really wasn't expecting anything.

Frankly, if the guy hadn't called back, I would have understood. I didn't expect jack.

But the fact that the guy called back just to laugh in my face is what :mad: me off.

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I guess the guy was courteous enough to call you but not courteous when he laughed.

Instead of fantasy football, you should have just said I'm a writer for ESPN.com

9. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

huh!

big ups man!

10. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Who was it? Paul F?