1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy Farias

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pgabriel, Jul 7, 2023.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

2. a time to chill

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

It's a pretty f'd up story, with many "the plot thickens" kinda stuff:
    • Mom's been sleeping with him
    • Husband, former HPD, committed suicide
    • Potential insurance fraud: if kid is missing for over 3 years, she collects life insurance
    • Mom has many connections within HPD
    • HPD is not pursuing any charges
    • Grandma has seen the child at the house, and mother claims she is suffering dementia to her siblings (aunts, etc)

This is just a few things, but there is much more stuff than just this

#3 TMac'n, Jul 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
  4. Buck Turgidson

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

But it's not a kid. I kept waiting to hear he had some mental problems to explain how the alleged abuse could happen but no one has said that so I get the things that the family has done wrong but why is it a story. I don't remember him going missing and now he is ok, so just file charges and move on.. i get the twists but they just make it more stupid. There is nothing in it for police to help them lie so as a story that is going nowhere. As a story it has taken on a life of its own but I really don't get how it's made a leap to a national story

The police have more pertinent things to worry about

6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Idk... allegations about sexual abuse and forced drug use (hallucinogenics)? Even the neighbors saying when they would see him in the neighborhood (after he was reported missing) he appeared to be drugged out. There's so much to this story that's really interesting

This to me is a better story than like Jon Bennet Ramsey, Titanic submarine, or other random national headlines that drag on for months or even years

And then plot twist: this all happened in a neighborhood (Hollister and Tidwell, just north of 290) within 1 mile from the FBI Houston office building

[​IMG]

#6 TMac'n, Jul 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
  7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Oh snap, that's an FBI building, I often go to the Wells Fargo right off 290 and Hollister and I wondering what that weird building was.......now I know

8. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

I thought that building was a hotel. Lol.