1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 Season Astros General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Snake Diggit, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Major

Major Member

I think if Framber was healthy, Dubin would have pitched today and Javier would have been out. But they only have so many pitchers they can run out there - they just had to try to hope they could get some innings out of him, especially with a 10-2 lead.

raining threes and MadMax like this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

3 games back mother falcons

Tomstro, Kim and Nick like this.
  3. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Can we just stick Meyers in center And Chas in left and get on with the season..Julks just doesn't give you enough offensively to sacrifice so much defense.

raining threes likes this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Just need everyone to know I just bought tickets for Bill Doran Night on August 12, so I'm not sweating it either.

Also, I'm so excited :)

Tomstro likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Kim, MadMax, Wulaw Horn and 2 others like this.
  6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

That is absolutely nuts. Chas has about 50% of George's AB but 66% of his home runs and 75% of his RBI's.

He needs to be playing every ****ing day.

8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This brought tears to my eyes. Lunhow was totally dicked over. What could have been...

9. raining threes

Verdugo in LF.

10. raining threes

Really makes me sad.

Manfred has done everything he possibly could do to bring down the dynasty Luhnow built. Luhnow is the only guy that doesn't have a job in MLB. This was obviously a hit job to get rid of Luhnow and Crane went along with Manfred's wishes. That's the really sad part.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Going back to July 1st of last season, basically the last calender year of baseball Chaz has 411 PA

3.0 fWAR (would be even higher if Dusty didn't consistently banish him to LF because of guys like Dubon)
    .802 OPS
    .266/354/449 Slash

Projected out to 650 PA

4.7fWAR
    25 HR
    80 Runs
    85 RBI
    .802 OPS

And he's gonna be on the bench the next game because Dusty has a personal bias so he's a part time player. GTFO with that nonsense.

12. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Podcast last night. Re ire of the last week of the season. Dive into maldonado and Diaz numbers at catcher, talked about what’s going on with Chas, and break down the pitching we’ve received from our untouted rookies. Give it a listen, subscribe, rate and review:

spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7dWYFmrl02cQS4NsD363LN?si=7EX6EFKRQh-9OB7s4stj6g

apple:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...n-astros-podcast/id1683955456?i=1000619217807

Amazon:

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/8...omes-next?ref=dm_sh_JHMzaUW8dUzwBSa3Nz89Ledhv

Stephen66 likes this.
  13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bonny Heck, George Postolos, and Brad Mills...what a time to be a 'stros fan! Thank you, Jim Crane, Jeff Luhnow, Mark Elias, and Sig Mejdal!

Stephen66 likes this.
  14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Can we just crown Chaz the mostly everyday CF now? Dude has earned it in every possible way. There is no one on the roster I trust more than him in CF at the plate or in the field (regardless of what advanced stats say).

Bregatron likes this.
  15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I like it and see he is being linked to Astros. How is his WAR on the season higher than Tucker’s? Defense? His stats look good but only 6 hr’s which is why I am surprised by his high WAR. Could be what we all hoped Brantley would be this season but can actually play LF. Steady left handed veteran bat that knows what it takes to win championships. Last trade with Red Sox worked out well for us.

16. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

If only Dusty understood what this means

17. Bregatron

Bregatron Member

I wonder if Dusty ever looks Chas in the eye to see if he is good to go, like he did with Javier. o_O

AznH-TownFan and Stephen66 like this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dusty is an idiot if he leaves Chas out of the starting lineup moving forward. We need to do all we can to keep winning. What I want to see is the Yankees miss out on even getting a wildcard spot. That is entirely possible. It's also possible for us if Dusty continues to play favorites with less than the best players.

Stephen66 and raining threes like this.
  19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think our biggest concern is being able to land a good starting pitcher. The competition will be stiff. The Rangers and Angels are going to go at it hard. It is going to be a stand-off against the Rangers for the best starting pitcher and their owner is much more likely to swing for the fences.

raining threes likes this.
  20. raining threes

I think Crane is willing to swing for the fences.

What would you consider swinging for the fences?