1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

What's even funnier is seeing the guy that said James Harden is better than "Michael Jordan" not pony up and pay Harden what he wants...:D

Asian Sensation, kjayp and cheke64 like this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I often challenged those who didn't want Harden to lay out their alternate plan.

You got your "veterans". Are you happy? Will you be happy with 33 wins this season?

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Reasonable minds can differ on the basketball side, it's at least arguable that FVV is better fit, if not a better player - but i just laugh at all the html people spent whinging about Harden's salary when the Rockets handed out 200+m in collective cash to reach the floor to:
    FVV,
    Dillon Brooks and
    Jon Lackdale

(and also getting rid of KMJ as a salary dump).

Narrowing your options in a sparse field is not smart.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sometime I wonder if the harden haters are really Rockets fans.

Imagine celebrating not having back one of the greatest to wear the Rockets uniform take us to playoffs, instead calling him a loser and bum. Just imagine folks calling the dream a bum and what not, quite distasteful behavior.

To top it off are quite happy with the sht to Mediocre signings we just did instead of signing him due to worries of "money". I really do believe some folks on here would eat a pile of sht if it's means spite/screwing harden over in someway.

What a sht offseason, just to avoid harden we would have folks pleased that we got hoodwinked by Lopez and forced to overpay for the likes of Brooks and fvv.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

If we just got FVV and Landale I would be fine with the offseason. Not thrilled, but fine. I'd expect us to get to around 30 wins and get lots of development from the young core, and we'd have plenty of flexibility to make further trades at the deadline when it's clearer where our biggest holes are going to be.

It's signing Brooks for four years on an untradeable contract that makes me want to barf. Far, far more of an offense-killer than Harden's ISO ball could ever have been. So you're right, if they were going to lock up this amount of money anyway, they should have just thrown the bag at Harden.

Easy, Yung-T and SamFisher like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It actually doesn't make sense because they want to retain Embiid.

They can't put him through another "get uncomfortable" Ben Simmons boycott.

His body is not ready.

The alternative was 'lose Harden for nothing " - my guess is he goes to a Dame derby loser at a reduced price point.

7. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I'll be more than happy with 34 wins next season. The West is still the West, nobody is saying we are good enough for a playoff spot next season. I'm not sure how a 34 years old declining James Harden was going to make a 22 win team turn into a 42 win game team next off season either. This WAS and IS my offseason plan for us. Bring in some solid vets on 2 year contracts to teach these young kids how to be REAL NBA players before this franchise turns into the Sacramento Kings of the world. Signing a James Harden at this stage of his career at the price he wanted and with him coming back here to be the alpha again was too much of a price to pay. That's a move the Sacramento Kings would make, not San Antonio or Miami.

larsv8 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

33 wins next season would be a travesty…would also start to confirm that our young core is nothing to write home about

B-Bob likes this.
  9. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Do you ever come up with ANY new talking points EVER?

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Do u ever get over your feeling of how harden left?

U could not possible spin that these off season signing is a win.

Overpaid fvv,
    Got hoodwinked by Lopez
    Overpaid for brooks, no one wanted his a$$ at that price.

All that and we might not even make it into playoffs. I figure u are included in the group that would eat a pile of sht if it means screwing over harden cause these signing were quite shtty.

#4190 DatRocketFan, Jul 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Reeko my friend, this will not be a good team. I hope you are not expecting better.

12. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Oh count me in that number bud! It's funny how 20+ other organizations aren't falling for Harden's bullshyt either. If we "Harden haters" are so stupid, why aren't teams blowing up the Philadelphia 76ers phone right now for Harden? I guarantee you that Damien Lillard will get traded before Harden does. You know why? Because Dame actually knows how to do other shyt besides dribble dribble dribble brick. FACK James Harden...

Asian Sensation likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

In our quest to avoid harden, I am comfortable as a rocket fan if we sign actual players that can compensate not going for a hof talent and let us compete. I am not happy with who we signed bc we overpaid for them and We got rid of first round picks just to get screwed over.

U on the other hand would celebrate eating sht if it means avoiding harden at all cost.

The simple fact that u think Lillard is better than Harden just shows me that u head is filled with so much hatred for harden that it clouds your ability to properly assess a player skillset.

Makes me sick that we are both considered rocket fans.

larsv8 likes this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Really? That is a 50% improvement

Some people are raving about the Magic's young core, and they are older than our squad. They won 34 games last year.
    Winning 33 might let us see that there IS something to Jalen Jabari Alpy and Tari.

I'd prefer 40+, but not sure that is realistic?

15. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

We just see things differently when it comes to James Harden. I don't doubt that you are a Rockets fan. My priority now is to our "core 6". If this core doesn't pan out then so be it, but we need to put them in the best "environment" possible and in my opinion James Harden is not the best "environment"...

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

next season is a complete failure for me if they don’t make the play-in at the very least after spending the most money in the offseason

we got people in here saying FVV is a top 20 player based off the metrics, well let’s see it then

Rolliepollie likes this.
  17. rocketseagles07

Sometimes I wonder if people realize some people are objective. Harden is my favorite player in the league. What is he doing for us? Taking us to the playoffs and then what? You all act as if being a fringe playoff team without him is different than getting to the playoffs with him and going home in RD 1. Then what happens? He wants another trade?

Not everyone that doesn’t think harden was a necessity is a “hater”. I root for him everywhere he goes, despite him CONSISTENTLY showing his greatness just disappears during the playoffs outside of a few games

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Happy as a clam, sir!

Anything that kept that narcissistic asshat away from our youngsters was a better path than with him!

I aint gonna lie... if he offered us a sweetheart deal to return to H-town - then given his level of talent ida fully understood why the brass would bite...

but a 4 year max deal? with him yellin about how he wanted to go somewhere where he could play as what he wanted?

lmao! you can try to sell that chit down the street - cause i (and stone) aint buyin! lol!

and obviously he had to opt in to try to facilitate a deal - cause nobody wanted to pony up that contract for that dudes attitude. You didnt see teams shuffling players away to try to make space... like we did in our pursuits of Bosh and Lopez...

There's a reason why some guys have to go play overseas (or take cut rate deals) and such as their careers wind down... while other guys get paid up until they retire...

and that all goes for Kyrie's crazy azz as well! lol!

PS: see ya in playoffs! ;)

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

went from Silas who was deemed as the worst coach in the league by far to Ime Udoka

Jalen Green and Sengun are heading into year 3 where we typically see a big jump if that player is truly headed for stardom

have upgraded from KPJ at point to FVV who is allegedly a top 20 player AND elite defender based off the metrics according to some on here

had 60 mil in cap space and just went on a spending spree

if after all that, we are still complete ass chilling near the bottom of the standings, then that’s just a failure to me

Orlando won 34 games, but they were 5-20 at 1 point…so they went 29-28 the rest of the way…If u gave them 60 mil in cap space to add to just Paolo and Wagner, do we think they’re not easily at worst a play-in team?

Rockets just used 60 mil to add to Green, Sengun, Bari, and Tari…if Green or Sengun are really that guy, then my expectations are play-in at worst

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like I said its fair if folks dont want harden bc it isn't ideal for our youngsters, but in our quest to avoid harden we overpay the likes of fvv and brooks?

It was a sht offseason signing. Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but I'm not happy with who we signed.

Hopefully the folks we already do have will compensate for these poor signing.