1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Going to trust in Ime.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dodirt1015, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Remember, kids, there's no "me" in Ime

REEKO_HTOWN, Tuckmose and Rockets FTW like this.
  2. sheb

sheb Member

Look the rockets don’t have to win in the next few years. They just have to prove they are good enough to attract top free agent talent when they come available. No one wants to come to Houston right now and Silver isn’t giving us a #1 ticket. This is the only play now.

burlesk and B-Bob like this.
  3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

You can't even trust him around your wife.

(Let's see him coach the Rockets first)

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

People here to factor in this kind of truth when considering the salaries.

Why would someone play in Houston right now? The answer is obvious: "they offered me the most money and will give me a high probability of lots of playing time." That's it.

Sales tax maybe mixed in there.

burlesk likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Folks are trying so hard to convince themselves.

Just go by season record..... I am sure his job will be more than secure..... I mean Silas even had job security.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

At least FVV is a career 37% three point shooter (on very high volume). Dillon Bricks is misses all the way down

[​IMG]

8. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Brooks is unbenchable for three years unless Stone/Tilman/Ime all swallow their pride and admit defeat. Plus he already got paid as one of the worst offensive players in basketball, zero reason to change his style.

Pistons Josh Smith 2.0

9. PatBev

PatBev Member

That’s why KPJ is starting at SF

burlesk likes this.
  10. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

We all knew how the SOFs would turn on him the second Sengun was benched. Wait…

12. cbass

cbass Member

Bro, you quit being a fan.

why are you still posting here?

burlesk likes this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The vets were brought in to serve specific purposes. None of them really make this a formidable team. None of them really scare other teams.

Ime told yall from the start the biggest difference moving forward will be growth from within.

These vets were not brought in to be the main reason this team wins games. They were brought in to help Sengun, Jabari, Tari, Jalen, Amen, Whitmore, and maybe kpj be better players so they can go out there and win games.

htownfan_9210 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  14. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

That‘s where Ime comes in - and where he probably will be judged. Why are these percentages so low? Because all 3 of them take bad shots. I don‘t want to see step back 3s or long contested 2s from anyone, that isn‘t an elite shooter. All 3 of them take those - I am sure Ime willl try to get those out of them. Will he be able to do that? That‘s another question.

I think the start of the season the team will look really bad - the Celtics looked really bad his first couple of months as well. The question is, how will the team look in 2024 and how will it finish the season. I‘d hope, that the shooting percentages of all 3 will go up in the second half of the season. Nut right now I am not sure, if he will turn into another BoB handing out bad contracts to players he personally like that cripple the team.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  15. the shark

the shark Member

I have no idea how Ime will pan out as the coach of the Rockets, but it Cracks me up that people are putting trust in him when he's been a head coach for a grand total of ONE season.

16. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

Trust, but verify. I hope he can instill a defensive identity and create a culture of accountability. We will be a better team, but a playoff team? The West is stacked. You will only have Portland, Utah, and maybe San Antonio tanking. I think FVV will add a lot of wins, but he is the only addition that makes the team better. The rest is on Ime and internal development to get the team to the 40-42 wins just to make the play in.

17. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Fans may or may not like some moves, that's fine. What is not right is to criticize stupidly without having any idea of what Udoka's long-term strategy or plan is.
    Almost all the fans wanted him here, now let the man do his job!

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Udoka has done nothing to earn ANY trust. The whole "in Morey we trust" only happened after he built a track record of winning trades.

Udoka came in and the first thing he did was take the worst shooting team in the league and brought in some worse shooters.

That's not how you establish trust.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I trust IME as coach, not as a GM, coaches make lousy roster decisions.

DD

20. MettaWorldPete

100%. The overall concept of surrounding the young guys-who didn't really learn how to play NBA ball under Silas-with vets makes sense. But if we're getting them role models, inefficient chuckers seems like a bad idea. If. Ime can reign that it, seems like it could be a successful stage of the rebuild. My fear is giving inefficient chuckers giant contracts will just make them feel like they have the green light.