1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Going to trust in Ime.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dodirt1015, Jul 1, 2023.

1. PWR

PWR Member

If I had to guess...
    Bottom 3 offense.
    Top 15 defense.
    I can see an improvement from 22 wins to 30 wins.

Meh... at least I don't have to look at Silas. That's really been the highlight of this off season for me.

2. JW86

JW86 Member

Sad…

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I loved all the subtractions but don't like the need to overpay for the additions.. I understand why they had to but I ain't a fan of any of them..

4. jayfree

jayfree Member

#trustime

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yes.

Ime said he never missed the playoffs. why would he even say that!? The confidence crazy!!

I'm ridding shutgun with Ime

I got no choice.

[​IMG]

6. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I'm hoping you are right. I expect he has done the homework and seen the tape on the guys he tossed in the trash.

We are all in on the remaining young talent on this squad. Let's hope it works out. If it doesn't...Yikes!

7. xaos

xaos Member

I'd guess this current team is a play in team and without giving up any of the young players with the brightest future or without adding players hindering said young players future potential

For what it's worth, I predicted last 3 years we'd end up worst record or bottom three.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

13BeardsIN1 and jayfree like this.
  9. jayfree

jayfree Member

[​IMG]

DreamShook likes this.
  10. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

The logic used by Udoka is that the team of the future of this franchise is already here, and that what is needed is to bring in some veterans to help them grow, taking care that the contracts die when it is necessary to extend our young players and add others.
    No quality player would agree to come to a developing team if he's not overpaid, so overpayment is inevitable.
    I don't like the hiring of Dillon, but I give all the credit to Ime.

htownrox1 and javal_lon like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

good. The house was garbage

anthony59237 and J Rock like this.
  12. invocux

invocux Member

Reckon we'll make playins next year. On paper this team is a bad shooting team yes BUT fvv is good 3pt shooter, Jabari's shooting might come and one of jg-sengun might take a leap. AND we have KPJ who is the best shooter we have. I don't expect us to brick every single open shots like we did in last year.

13. dmoneybangbang

He definitely has his fingerprints on the moves. Brooks could outperform his contract if Ime convinces him to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I mean i guess - the guy inherited an already existing Celtics team and more or less did the same as his predecessor and his successor. That's basically his resume.

I'm sure he's fine but i don't know that he's earned any particular trust on the court for us to believe that "this is the way" aside from any alternative scenarios (Harden or whatever eise was contemplated, though it looks like the Rockets options were not nearly as wide as MGMT believed 24 hours ago)

Whatever - at least they got better and if they put up another 29 win **** show, we know who to blame (Stonetitta and designated fall guy Ime)

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Might want to speak with Celtics fans about that, they want Ime back.

htownrox1 likes this.
  16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

My dorky 43 yr old a$$ is excited to build this in 2k23 on the switch tonight and run it if I can get it away from the kids for a little bit.

17. SamFisher

Honestly why would i want to voluntarily speak to a Boston sports fan? Please God no.

Boston achieved a more or less identical result to the previous season and not much different than most of the Stevens years.

Yes, i know finals> ecf but quantitatively the variance between beating Miami in 7 and losing to them in 7 is almost non-existent. It's the same. Same players, same results (except, no Tatum in one game 7, which is way bigger than whoever is standing on the sidelines)

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think Conference finals and finals are identical at all though. I think making the finals is a pretty big deal, it's a pretty big hump, its a hump the Harden rockets never made and its a hump Embiid and so many other good teams and star players never clear, like Dame, Chris Paul, I mean there is a long list of 1st ballot HOF guys to never even get that far so I don't know if it should be "Oh no difference at all". Difference is there is usually a very good team that also makes the CF, it's not some 4-5 seed or umm...a 7th seed that was a massive underdog in the Miami Heat.

They were almost swept by the Heat too, for most of that series looked like a mess, people were questioning the very heart of the team.

With Ime they almost won a championship and looked dominant doing so and lost to the...well, Warriors. With Mazulla, I mean the Hawks had them sweating for a moment. They had no shot at winning with Mazulla, many of those games they were just jacking up bad shots and hoping they'd start falling. The Heat won because they were better coached and wouldn't even be a 7 game series if it weren't for some random lucky buzzer beater layup and again...this was against a 7th seed team that was a massive underdog and had no business winning that series on paper.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. SamFisher

The difference between a team that goes 4-3 and 3-4 is literally 1 game/1 win.

If you add in the previous 95 games it's even less.

51-31 14-10 65-41
    57-25 11-9 68-34

I just think statistically these two things are so close as to be effectively identical...if you're trying to ascribe some special causation for me here on an empirical basis - i need to see more other than a few tweets from Bill Simmons to believe it (though Twitter is broken so i can't see that)

I think there's a lot more luck in the playoffs rhan anybody would believe. The Heat got basically eliminated from the playoffs by the sane Hawks team you cited, then went to Finals by eliminating Boston - after Tatum sprained his ankle and did not complete the greatest comeback/Heat greatest choke job in playoff history... because Heat culture or something.

It's just so weird to me to point at all of these obviously random breaks and say "yep, this one is good coaching, and this one is bad coaching"

Looks to me more like - random stuff, like Chris Paul pulling his hamstring with 1 min left to go in Game 5, 27 missed mostly open 3s, or Durant and Klays knees exploding in the span of 48 hours.

That's just life and why larger samples (more so than 7 games, more so than 100 games) are probably better.

But of the sample we have - the results are basically the exact same, no matter what Sully from Waltham says.

#40 SamFisher, Jul 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2023