1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade TyTy Washington and Usman Garuba + stuff to Atlanta for Alpha Kaba

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Jul 1, 2023.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Heard or read?

2. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

Keeping those 2 would make more sense than keeping Jaygup…but they’re not best friends with the rising star

3. mightybosstone

They're also incredibly young and they make nothing by NBA standards. Unless there's something bigger coming around the corner, there's no possible way you can justify this move to me. It's ****. And I've been on board with everything they've done this offseason up to the last 15 minutes.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Just because $500 wouldn't move the needle for my life, I shouldn't complain if someone robbed it from me?

TimDuncanDonaut, jboslett and ksny15 like this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I watched the first half of the season last year and I clearly remember Garuba getting a chance but his lack of shot making, despite him shooting a sizzling 66% from the 3 point line, did not help his cause.

Overall, just seemed to never get the hang of things. Once again I remind everyone that we have too many young players to develop. Can't keep operating like this if the goal is to pivot the franchise in a winning direction.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

~{appreciations threads}~ incoming

JoeBarelyCares, sirjesse, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  7. maj21

maj21 Member

Y’all are too attached to our draft picks. Most of them won’t even be good players. Both guys were gonna ride the bench here

anthony59237 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

ClutchFans
    @clutchfans

·
    1m
    The Rockets create about $5M more in cap room by unloading TyTy Washington and Usman Garuba. There has to be a plan in place for that extra space, and they need to use it soon so they can acquire Brooks after it's used.

Y2JT, sirjesse and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  9. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

How do you expect them to develop? Playing with each other and losing by 30 every game? The average age of this team is probably lower than most college teams. There’s no reasonable way you expect them to develop and compete against NBA teams like this. Maybe if we keep losing for the next 16 years like the Kings, you guys will be happy as long as our draft picks are getting underserved mins.

TheFreak, jboslett and Jayzers_100 like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

to pay that much I better be an all-star

11. jayfree

jayfree Member

It's like the Rockets are giving away Waterworks and Electric for cash. I wonder if Boardwalk is in play somewhere else?

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

What was robbed? I’ve always appreciated you over the years but this is stupid.

CantStopJG24 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This better be good because on its surface it’s terrible asset management (paying to offload small contracts).

Not mention, tragic because Garuba can actually play. And TyTy got stuck behind the likes of Nix on the depth chart.

Hoping to be blown away by whatever the end game here is…

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its pretty obvious that this is part of something bigger, Rockets didn't just trade away the core and rebuilding again... Relax and lets see who of actual value is on their way. The chances of Garuba or TyTy panning out to even being somewhat decent were slim.... They could be 10 year old's and it still wouldn't change reality...

17. Bury Me in the H

18. thekad

thekad Member

I like how you guys keep spinning to try and understand the moves this organization does when the explanation is right in front of everyone’s face: they’re incompetent, run by a hack and Tilman’s failson.

Singularly or in sum, the transactions are dumb because the front office is dumb.

Little Bit and ksny15 like this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm just questioning the logic. If it's a bad trade, it's a bad trade fans can complain about, doesn't matter whether it's a bench player of a star player.

We don't really know what's coming down. So I don't know if we are being robbed.

mikol13 likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

deserves its own thread