1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newsflash: FVV and Brooks at 2yr/$80m & $40m are BAD contracts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Jun 28, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I guess I’ll look at the bright side

FVV is a massive upgrade over KPJ as a PG, and Dillon Brooks provides much needed perimeter defense

that’s all I got

MGC, robbie380, ElPigto and 1 other person like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

HOU is giving him 40 mil/yr

Ren ason, Sean Dr34ms and kspires999 like this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's a lot, but it isn't our money, and none of our "youts" ("did you say 'youts'? what is a 'yout'?" "excuse me, your Honor, 'yoooooouths'") are due for new contracts yet, so if that's what it takes to lure players to our fair city, so be it.

cbass likes this.
  4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

That's all there is.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Getting FVV is not so bad as long as we don't give him some long term deal. Let's make it two years and give him a 3rd year with a team option. Dillon Brooks on the other hand I have heartburn about. I would be good if he was just coming here to be a defensive leader, but the man believes he is more than that and wants a prominent offensive role. We don't need him to that here. Really hope he doesn't sign here.

6. mario_v

mario_v Member

I don’t think Dillon Brooks is delusional.

He was playing the role of a villain last season and unfortunately, it kinda backfired on him in the playoffs, talking **** he couldn’t back up on the court.

Now everyone thinks he’s a joke, but he’s a solid player.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't dispute that. But he is on the record believing he deserved a more prominent role offensively. He was already getting like 14 shots a night, how many more shots does the guy want to take? Plus we don't want to take the ball out Greens hands and we may be landing FVV. I'm concerned about fit.

robbie380 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s crazy how delusional Dillon Brooks is

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yup that’s one of the major concerns with Brooks. He should be shooting less but the dude wants more shots. If he would play the Bruce Bowen/Shane Battier role then he would be fine but he's....Dillon Brooks.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's the biggest concern I have with him.

11. thekad

thekad Member

LMAO

Clown organization

GotGame15 likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

You think FVV is mediocre and Amen is gonna be a good floor general to start his career? Lol

You realize "mediocre" FVV gonna look like Steph Curry mixed with Steve Nash compared to Amen right? That's why we got him in the first place, as a stop gap while Amen learns the ropes.

13. kennysmith

kennysmith Member

Everyone saying it's a bad signing is a basic box score simp with their bedroom walls plastered with PPG, dunk contest winners & anyone who played at Duke.

FVV's simp stats are ugly but his advanced metrics are elite. Playing on a defense-first team in the bottom 20% of the league in pace might not produce the espn box scores to make your bedroom wall though.

What do these players have in common? PG13, Edwards, LaVine, Jaylen Brown, Fox, Bridges, DeRozan

All rated worse than FVV in VORP in 2023. Tied with FVV: Devin Booker.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2023_advanced.html#advanced_stats::vorp

Shane Battier brain in Iverson's frame. While he's in his prime that's a max player. All day long.

Now go kiss those t-mac and kobe posters that turn into Jackson Pollocks under a blacklight before mom makes you stop playing NBA 2K for the night

fckbandwagons, CXbby, cbass and 3 others like this.
  14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Dillon Brooks is down there tied for 3rd to last with Jabari...

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

It is just the market these days........where else would you want the money spent. Go back 10 years and you wouldn't see the numbers this high

16. kennysmith

kennysmith Member

Brooks getting a contract would be a bad signing

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Agreed. I can get behind FVV and Lopez, but Brooks doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'd prefer to just hang onto KJ.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bad contracts but great additions

Ren ason likes this.
  19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Brooks and FVV don't hell improve much on the last 3 years. Especially considering shooting was this teams biggest issue and neither player can shoot. Brooks just be avoided at all costs.