1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you sign Fred VanVleet to a 3-year max contract?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Jun 3, 2023.

?

FVV for 3 years, $129M. Yes or no?

1. Yes, go for it, he's the veteran leader we need.

29 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No way, too much money.

97 vote(s)
    66.9%
  3. Depends on the draft/Harden/etc.

19 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

How many years do folks think it will take to have a supporting cast for a max player that is good enough to compete at a high level?

I think the answer is 2-3 years. Therefore, signing anyone to a max 3 year deal may turn out to be premature for this off-season.
    If we are going to sign a max guy, I want us at the doorstep of higher level play.
    IMO, we are not there presently or foreseeably for at least a year or two. Maybe longer.

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I think VanVleet is worth around 33 million, but I would not go after him unless Morey trick Harden to stay in Philly.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Looks like Stone answered "yes". Let's see how this turns out...

Williamson and jlaw718 like this.
  5. 523744

523744 Member

We get it, you work for the Rockets front office lol

6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lol

astros123 likes this.
  7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I wish...

vince likes this.
  8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets overpaid VanVleet and went one year longer than I would have liked, but I’m fine with it. They needed a quality point guard that could get the young guys the ball in the right spots while running a structured offense. They also needed someone that will hold the young players accountable for not playing the right way on either end of the court. VanVleet can do those things. If this season ends with the Rockets winning 30-35 games or more and all the young talent shows positive growth, it was worth it.

You aren’t winning anything with an entire roster of players 25 and under. They need some sort of veteran leadership to get them where you want them to go.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

IMG_6490.gif

theDude, DVauthrin and Deckard like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

wow the internet laughing at the rockets because they dont think the rockets have talent and dont think Fred can make a difference. They have no idea if the rockets had a competent coach and a regular PG, they would probably be pretty good. Im calling it now, rockets might shock some people how good they can be.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

If they get Lopez The Rockets are going to actually be really good.... They have a good coach, with a good point guard and a defensive center to backup Sengun..... Green is coming back better, Jabari in his 2nd year and Amen starting his rookie of the year campaign.... I'm excited, we back...

sirjesse and DreamShook like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow! This aged well. Congratulations, OP!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. liveguy

liveguy Member

100%

Its gonna shock alotta people when they see how this team is gonna look QUICKLY!

It’s funny to me how people just negate that they were tanking for Wemby and they still competed for 3 quarters in every game last season with questionable coaching.

Now you have a vet PG, a good coach AND Amen and Whitmore added without losing anything?!

DreamShook likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets lost so many games because they played so dumb and everyone was out of position it was crazy. People on the internet really believe the Rockets to be a poverty franchise. smh. they are really laughing at us, lol

Salvy likes this.
  15. astros123

astros123 Member

Yikes

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

how many times were the starters up then Silas would bench Jalen/KPj/Bari and Sengun to run the worst lineup known to man?

Nix/Destiny/KJ/Tate/Tari or Gup was such a ridiculous lineup and even worse when Tate was out.

#56 DreamShook, Jun 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
    anthony59237 and liveguy like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Then those people on the internet laughing at us will be surprised when we start winning some games here and there. That's if we get Brook Lopez, as well as Freddy. I hope it works out that way. We're all more than a little tired of losing all the time.

Surprising NBA fans by not being a long running joke game after game would be pretty cool. I could use some cool considering how hot it's been here in Austin for what feels like forever. Our losing feels like it's gone on forever. Time to change it around.

18. liveguy

liveguy Member

EXACTLY!

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Lol. I misjudged the market. Warmly welcome Max Van Vleet.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well Stone will be judged by this decision.

DD