1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol how? Have you been keeping up with the Kyrie drama? I mean cmon. Kyrie refuses to get vaccine won't play. Alienates the entire Jewish fan base and gets suspended. Demands a trade to ditch KD. I mean it's hard to too Kyrie level of selfishness. Just wait to he leaves Luka high and dry.

I think Harden realized he's old and washed and can't win a ring anyways so get the bag. Not to mention embid sucks in the playoffs.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I feel like he did Morey a solid by opting in so they can get pieces back. I expect him to be dealt to his preferred destination.

3. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

And he wouldn't have opted in to below-market value if he didn't know for sure he would get dealt. You don't leave just money on the table like that. Believe me, this was all calculated.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ok

Shams
    Woj
    Windy

And literally every single so-called insider ever - Simmons, Lowe, McMahon, Iko etc just spent the last month telling us that Harden was absolutely going back to Philadelphia (though a few of them tossed out the occasional caveat or qualifier).

This is after they spent the last 5 months telling us Harden to Houston was legit.

Maybe at least as far as James Harden is concerned - the insiders don't know ****

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Not sure, but a motivated Harden on the Rockets in a contract year may be very good for us.

RasaqBoi and B-ball freak like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

is this real? Their last account got taken down by Woj, Shams and the illuminati. lol

7. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Fat Jimmy H wan
    Signing Van Vleet after talking about signing Harden would be quite the let down. FVV is overrated.

I would prefer we either just not spend money or go all in on someone who can actually help us. Khris Middleton just opted out and Lopez is an FA. Trey Young may be on the block.

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Preparing my body for a late night west coast WOJ bomb

9. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I bet Harden is going yo the Clippers
    Yesterday EG move to clear salaries
    Harden, The Clippers and Morey agree terms and then Harden opt in.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hardens giving up his last pay check doing this. He's gonna get peanuts at 35 year old next year

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It's going to be trash in vs trash out. Morey is not getting any plus assets from Harden. A toxic 40mill player sitting on the bench with select destinations. He also has Tobias Harris to trade. Yep, another wasted year of prime Embid.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I don’t know man,

Honestly I’m not surprised, heard some weird things via friends in Houston that he hates the east coast, I didn’t think it was true

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Tre Mann is a good player

14. SamFisher

I'm old enough to remember last week, NBA insiders

“I would never guarantee anything in the modern NBA but I would be surprised if Harden wasn’t a Sixer and locked in in the first few days of free agency this weekend.” — Windhorst

I bet if you poll 50 front office executives, the majority of them would guess he's going back to Philly," said Zach Lowe

In recent days, I’ve understood that Houston is no longer an option for James. I would call them out of the running . . . James was never interested in taking some kind of discount two years in a row - Kelly Iko

James Harden is prioritizing length of his new contract over annual value, per @wojespn

[Stein] It’s increasingly likely that James Harden will remain with the Sixers, rather than bolt in free agency and return to Houston​

Great job insiders. Great job.

BMoney, Easy, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Got to hand it to Morey, getting Tre Mann and Norman Powell is a good haul for a guy demanding a trade for the third time in two and a half years and is in decline. I wish Harden well but don’t see PG and Kwahi staying healthy enough to get a ring.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ending his career/final years like he does in playoff games…like a chump.
    Honestly, kinda sad to see.

Thunder fans don’t claim him.
    I guess Rockets fans do?
    Nets fans hate him
    Sixers fans hate him
    His next team’s fans will hate him.

[​IMG]

Harden had spent the year, according to friends, considering a Houston reunion. He wasn't two-timing the Sixers, suiting up for one team while laying the groundwork to play for another. It was just that the pull which Houston had on him — it's where his family lives and where he's most comfortable — was hard to ignore.

But the Rockets, it seems, have cooled on the idea. They have the cap space — nearly $61 million in room this offseason, the most in the NBA — but over the past few months, their executives have made clear to people throughout the league that they weren't sold on the idea of a Harden return. They've also indicated to agents this off-season that they have no intention of offering contracts that extend longer than two seasons

He turns 34 in August. He's entering the final phase of his career. He's still great, but not as great as he once was. There's nothing wrong with that, but is Harden willing to accept that new reality? Or, more to the point: What is it he wants from his final years in the NBA? Is it a title and a chance to solidify his historical standing? Is it money? Is it being able to play the style he wants? Something else?

The Los Angeles Clippers are at the top of Harden's list. They also reached out to the Sixers this week about a possible Harden trade, according to multiple league sources. You can see why they'd appeal to Harden. They're in L.A. He could play alongside a pair of stars in Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. Of course, so did the Nets. And, from Dwight Howard to Chris Paul to Russell Westbrook to Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving and now to Joel Embiid, you could put together a All-Star team just with the superstars Harden has broken up with.

This time next year he'll be a free agent, free to sign wherever he likes. Maybe things go well for him in L.A., or wherever his next stop is. But history says otherwise.

17. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Why not include Tucker and his sneaker collection?

Ancient Moabite and RasaqBoi like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. SamFisher

1. Yes most Rockets fans consider him one of ours - surprise!
    2. Lol, i have never met a Brooklyn Nets fan and I lived there
    3. Why would Sixers fans hate him - other than standard issue Philly sports vitriol? He did them a solid and opted in. Do you think they'd rather have Ben Simmons :confused: ?

Also - lol Thunder fans. Who cares.

ElPigto and s3ts like this.
  20. VoR

VoR Member

lol vaccine. jewish fan base. lol