1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Carmichael Dave] Houston the favorites to sign Kuzma

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TMac'n, Jun 28, 2023.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Geez, did his granny knit that sweeter or his mama?

Could use a little more material at the waist line

#81 ApacheWarrior, Jun 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Why would they tank to get these guys and then give them no chance to develop? I didn't say they were HOF bound, I said we're stocked at those positions. We need stop gap veterans at point and center to find out which of these wings and forwards will be able to handle adult league basketball. Dillon Brooks and Kyle Kuzma are obstacles to development.

I'm confident that at least one of Smith, Eason or Garuba develop into quality rotation players for us. Why slow that down?

3. awc713

awc713 Member

This seems very Trevor Ariza-y to me.

groovemachine likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't believe this rumor at all. Carmichael Dave is full of it.

5. Arnel

Arnel Member

agreed,
    That would be mind boggling if we get him. Please no lol

saleem likes this.
  6. Arnel

Arnel Member

Damn… slim pickings man.. lol

7. Arnel

Arnel Member

Agreed. Both kuzma and brooks would be trash signings

saleem, Dankstronaut and roslolian like this.
  8. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I like Kuzma.
    He play very good basketball last season. He has some All Star flashes (justo some)
    Is a clearly upgrade over KMJ.
    Bari is a PF/C

#88 Ming The King, Jun 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

because they can develop by learning from guys who are better than them and have developed pretty nicely. Kuzma has severely outperformed his draft position and that doesn't happen by accident. he could teach a few guys about work ethic and regimen. last thing I want to see is Jabari getting a guaranteed 30 mpg while shooting 1-8 from 3. that's the worst way to develop because what incentive do you have to get better when you know you're going to be on the court regardless. same with Jalen.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think it's just now starting to dawn on me how trash juice this FA class actually is man. Obviously we have to sign a couple of vets, but splashing money around is supposed to be exciting....picking up dudes like Kuzma and Brooks is the literal opposite of that.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Horrible if true.

First of all we are stocked at wing positions we don't need another wing. Secondly our only UFA pickup so far is also a wing. Third we just used our 20 pick on Cam Whitmore who is also a wing.

Kuzma and Brooks are not starting caliber pfs btw. I'd rather play Jabari, KJM and Garuba.

13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Really, superduper disagree with the notion that work ethic is the issue. And as far as coach-on-the-floor types, I don't think there's probably 10 guys who really matter like that in the whole league. As a forum, a community we're all going to have to let the past be the past real soon. These guys were tanking with a coach who obviously wasn't teaching them ****. They'll be trying to win, and under the supervision and tutelage of a coach we're all going to label a genius when he starts making simple rotations and timeouts because we're shellshocked from 3 years of tanking. His whole comment means he won't allow Jabari to clang out the first 3/4 of the season, I haven't disagreed with that one bit either. I just think Jabari is about to show out.

We need FVV's steady leadership with the rock (his ability to soak up cap dollars) and a couple backup options at center, hopefully not named Boban because that was a clownshow. We need that in order to develop and correctly assess the young guys we tanked so brutally to get. Kyle Kuzma is the move you make if you find out Smith, Eason and Garuba all failed as players.

14. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

If they sign VV and Kuzma what back up center could we get cheap? If can't find one, maybe go a different route. Suns are interested in KJ. They only have 6 guys under contract. Could Houston decline KJ's option and do a sign and trade in a package along with Porter and Garuba and possibly a future pk for Ayton? They've been back and forth on trading him for a while. On a decent contact and still has plenty of upside.

VV, Amen, TyTy
    Green, JC
    Kuzma, Cam, Tate
    Bari, Tari
    Sengun, Ayton

Looks good to me.

BamBam likes this.
  15. WestendMassive

[​IMG]

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jalen Green will shoot this down. Can’t have someone with better fashion on the team.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Ayton sucks. Sengun is already a better player. Ayton is soft and a crappy rebounder and is at near max money. There is a reason no-one is biting on him.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Word on the street is Yao Ming donated a bunch of old clothes to Goodwill.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  19. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

man I used to hit up Roxy teen night back when I was in high school in 2005

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Not trying to be negative and I don’t hate Kuzma, but if that’s how our free agency goes I’m going to be super disappointed.

HTownTmac1 likes this.