1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Carmichael Dave] Houston the favorites to sign Kuzma

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TMac'n, Jun 28, 2023.

1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Carmichael Dave was a huge guy on this board back during the Ron Artest era of the Rockets. He's known to have his connections, and his sources with the Sacramento Kings are usually pretty strong. Plus the Kings are actively pursuing Kuzma

UPDATE: confirmed by Chris Haynes

#1 TMac'n, Jun 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Artest's agent? since Ron was traded from Kangs to Rox

ramotadab likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Is Kuzma masculine enough though? ;)

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you would say, the Rockets "are in the running" for Kuzma?

Caesar, sirjesse and daywalker02 like this.
  6. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

I guess the Rockets are giving up on the Jabari Smith Jr. experiment /s

No idea why we want Kuzma. He is, at best, the 4-5th best player on a championship team. He doesn't seem like an Udoka player as his defense is below average. Why would we give Kuzma minutes ahead of Tari & Bari

7. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

Maybe we want to run smaller lineups with Jabari at center. Or more position-less lineups

kuzma could be good I think

8. MystikArkitect

Like Kuzma's game. Dont like Kuzma's personality. Guess we'll see.

9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't make any sense because it most likely isn't happening. Look at the source, this isn't a credible NBA journalist. Even the ones that are credible need to be taken with a grain of salt this time of year.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Like Kuzma's offense. Dont like Kuzma's defense. Guess we'll see.

11. cdastros

cdastros Member

12. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

He's changed a lot since the Lakers days. Wizards Kuzma was almost a completely different player. Less inefficient shots, more rebounding, much better defense. He could be a great leader because:

1. He was a key player on a championship team.
    2. Got a big head from the LA lights and became a wannabe superstar but got humbled by being traded to the basketball wasteland of Washington and had to work hard to stay relevant.
    3. Played with some all timer vets and so knows what it means to be a veteran leader.

Trust me, I was the number 1 Kuzma hater, maybe in the whole world, while he was in LA but now I'd love to have him on board. Also, he'd be very very very easy to trade to a contender once one of our young forwards emerges from his tutelage. It's a transitional signing. Kuzma would kinda be our training wheels at SF while Tari and Whitmore develop.

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Better than Dillon Brooks?

14. bmelo

bmelo Member

Bro we were worst team in the league and you talk about players we sign know will be core of the peak of this roster xd they are just to teach and get us by

ramotadab likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm not the biggest Kuzma fan myself but if your argument is that he's 4-5th best player on a championship team then that's a pretty big reason?

We way overrate our guys, Kuzma would come here and yeah instantly be one of the better players on the team. He also has championship experience.

That said, I'd rather have Barnes. Seems more like the solid stable vet the team needs.

Arnel, DeBeards and dmoneybangbang like this.
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Not an efficient player, not a great shooter, and an average defender. He was in a bad situation last year with the Wiz with Beal out a lot of the year and a crap coach, so part of me thinks he’d be better on the rockets. But I don’t want to be the team that overpays Kuzma. I guess on a 2-yr deal the damage would be limited but this is not the name I wanted to hear on the doorstep of free agency.

Arnel, Mr.Scary and DeBeards like this.
  17. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

I can see that. I just think the Rockets are 2-3 years away from contending and think Kuzma is nothing special. It would also depend on his cost... is it 2 years at $20 million/year or are we talking $100/Million over 4 years. As many posters have already said for other players, I think the Rockets are just being used as leverage in this case also.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would be very surprised if the Rockets were pursuing Kuzma. He does not seem like a Udoka guy at all. And it would be one thing if we had an amazing defense for years and they decided to integrate an offensive talent like Kuzma into that existing dominant defense - but the Rockets were TERRIBLE on defense last year. Why would we bring in another guy who is just bad at that?

Y2JT, Arnel, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kuzma is a buddy of Lebrawn's.

Sign Lerbon and LerBronny.

@Jontro

Jontro likes this.
  20. conquistador#11

Wednesdays we wear pink?
    [​IMG]

DeBeards, joshuaao, Jontro and 11 others like this.