1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime - nothing is Given anymore all will be earned!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 26, 2023.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Even if the higher lotto picks are clearly going to get more time early given the investment made to get them, I like having a coach that does across as believable when they make comments like this. It does seem as though he’s no nonsense and I think the players aren’t going to walk over this guy like they did with Mr Nice Guy Silas.

I also predict many only fans here are going to be hating the crap out of Ime days into the season because their only fan player isn’t being treated like the superstar they think he is. A lot of fans say they want a coach like this but few actually do.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A coach is not a coach when he is not getting hated at some point in his career.

That would mean he is just a pawn trying to get in cahoots with the fans.....even then which fraction of the fanbase though?

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

jaesean Tate

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

******** on Silas is one thing. But Stone gave Silas a **** roster and hard instructions on PT allocations, since the Rockets were all-in on The Tank. The rest of the league was in on the down low or Silas would never work again.

I will say that we can all rejoice that Stone's meddling days in the day to day HC decisions are over. Ime don't play that.

[​IMG]

#144 No Worries, Jun 27, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
  5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les sold the team because he lost DD's support. It was really sad how DD broke Les........o_O

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I use my powers infrequently and only for the greater good.

DD

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

square cans won't roll as far.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

giphy.gif

the technology isn't there yet . . . just wait though. yul c

giddyup likes this.
  9. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

You’re wasting your time thinking you can have a rational conversation with him. He speaks in hyperboles to get a rise out of people.

javal_lon likes this.
  10. DaDakota

Amen is not playing - nor is Cam they will be more than likely Gleague buddies......they have a lot to work on to get NBA ready. The days of draft picks playing because they are draft picks are over....THANK ****ING GOD !

DD

11. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Ca
    People are taking this quote way too seriously. Amen is the #4 pick and will get playing time. It’s more alluding to he won’t be playing 35 minutes a game because he’s the 4th pick. Amen won’t be spending much if any time in the g league.

Cam will be more likely, but even then I can’t see him spending a significant amount of time down in Rio especially if we move KMJ.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think it's very probable that the edict of playing time was handed down by Stone.

It was a total tank job with the only objectives being losing games and playing time for specific players - I'm looking at you Nix is a lottery pick.

Stone gave Silas the directive - polish these turds - Silas did as he was directed.

34to11 likes this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You say a lot of stupid things, but if you think Amen is getting sent down to RGV to start the season, you have lost it. How about a $100 tip jar bet?

14. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I just hope he has the balls to bench Dillon Brooks when he's 2/15 and jacks up another contested stepback 3 pointer even though he'll be one of our major FA acquisitions.

15. bigred77

bigred77 Member

Agree 100%. Amen is playing 20 min a game even if we sign a high priced PG.

There's "tough talk" from the new coach in June. Then there's the reality that the #4 pick is an investment that has to be nurtured.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's certainly possible if Udoka isn't a liar and that roles and playing time will be handed out based on ability.....and it might not be a bad thing for him. It would be by far the highest level of competition he's ever faced in his life AND he'd be able to potentially look good and not lose his confidence while learning how to shoot a basketball.

Getting crushed at the NBA level while trying to learn the most basic fundamental parts of the game might not be the best thing for him.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't think Amen has a lot to work on in contrast to most NBA rookies coming into the league. The only area where he was terribly weak in was shooting. Even if they added the best PG on the Market in Harden, I'm not sure there would be a second pg on the roster that would be better than Amen. I would guess he doesn't spend any time in the Gleague and imo I would go ahead and start him.

18. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

One guy who deserves ZERO playing time is Nix. If no one starts a NixedMas Eve poll thread tomorrow, I will. Rockets have to pick up next year's salary guarantee by end of Thursday or he becomes a free agent. If the Rocket's pass on the guarantee they have $2.0 million more to waste on free agents. Not playing Nix will add 2 wins, so I think Nix is gone by start of free agency.

19. DaDakota

If Nix works well in IMe's system and has a great camp, he will be in the rotation, there is no more playing time rewarded by draft position those days are over.

Pressure creates diamonds - these guys now have to perform or sit.

DD

20. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

One guy who deserves ZERO playing time is Nix. If no one starts a NixedMas Eve poll thread tomorrow, I will. Rockets have to pick up next year's salary guarantee by end of Thursday or he becomes a free agent. If the Rocket's pass on the guarantee they have $2.0 million more to waste on free agents. Not playing Nix will add 2 wins, so I think Nix is gone by start of free agency.
    Alright... you may be right that they keep him one more year on a minimum deal... so one of the NixedMas Eve poll options will be "Keep him around until camp for Ime to decide" - but I would lay odds that the winning option will be "He Gone!"