1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green putting in work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 25, 2023.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Why are y’all even bothering to talk with BTG. In addition to always having terrible takes, he’s the type of scumbag person to bring in someone’s challenged kid to try and win internet fights.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I’ll need to spend some time in the lab to come up with a different phrase. o_O;)

3. Arnel

Arnel Member

Miami beat teams in Bucks and Celtics that they had no business beating, both much better teams than them. And if you swapped coaches (bucks and heat coaches, and celtics and heat coaches) they would lose both. Your argument that coaching doesn’t matter at all is idiotic

vince, AroundTheWorld and Stephen_A like this.
  4. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Scientists should start saying they are in the gym :D

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's bizarrzo world, man was btching about harden all the time and didn't like his playstyle yet cheerleads for kpj 24/7

Caesar likes this.
  6. kpdark

kpdark Member

gonna collect samples for gym testing :D

groovemachine likes this.
  7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Being 19 isn't a excuse, it's a reality. Sengun is around the same age but gets the "he's just a kid" excuse. Green is no different. Kobe started off the same way but ended up a 5 time champion. Green is our best player

Stephen_A likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

just normal online behavior of a troll that insults people constantly hiding behind the screen/keyboard. that's what the internet enabled some people so inclined to do.

you cant go around in public saying things and acting like that. so individuals that want and need to act like that have an avenue to insult and belittle on the daily without any physical consequences in return for their anti-social behavior.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What player was 19 that you are talking about? Are you doing the Jalen Green fan BS where you round 21 down to 19 in order to excuse poor performance?

The Kobe BS is just absurd, Jalen is nowhere near that talented AND there isn't a Shaq on the team for him to ride the coattails of.

Going off of performance, Jalen Green is one of the worst players on the team....it's why these conversations get so absurd, your take is simply divorced from reality.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am not asking why BTG is like that. I am asking why people continue to engage with him.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Why do y’all feed the troll? Having a weird obsession is strange but OK. The fact that he posts no quality or thoughts outside of this is not good. He is what we call a net negative poster.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, are you really going the "internet tough guy" route? Adorable.

I call out stupid people for being stupid in person as well....and there really aren't any consequences. Turns out despite the fact that randoms such as yourself talk tough on the internet, most people avoid conflict.

That said, I don't really have to do that very often, because I don't often associate with outright stupid people.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Oh

Because they enjoy repeatedly being called dumb and stupid by someone that’s supposed to be a fan of the same team as you are.

Seriously though I have no idea he is the only person I have ever had blocked on here until Tinman temporarily a while back. I presume he is by far the most blocked poster on the board though.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Green must take a stride this year to 24/4/4 with better defense and 35-36 on the three ball. Then year 4 and 5 he can really ascend. I’d bet on him BUT mostly Im very comfortable because between Green/KPJ/Whitmore we should end up with a quality starting and backup scoring guard at the very least.

xaos likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care about his PPG, I just want him to be somewhere around at least 57=58% TS% and I want his defense to no longer be a complete embarrassment. If he does that, he might have a future with the team.

16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Which makes your position even stupider. Jalen hasn't even had a true pg or a system that caters to his skillset. Give him that & another star then tell me your dumb azz opinion again

Also, ride Shaqs coattails? Shaq said out his own mouth it was Kobes team after the 1st championship. Know your history idiot

34to11 likes this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

CF Trigger phrases:
    1.KPJ shouldnt be...
    2. Jalen Green is...
    3. Dusty needs to be.....
    4. Will Levis threw......
    5. Curry is ....
    6. Sengun should be.......
    7. Harden might.. ..
    8. Tilman is cheap....
    9. Watson is ....
    10. Silas was ...

18. xaos

xaos Member

lmao people still talk with him? He's 1 of maybe 3 on ignore for me

Stephen_A, AroundTheWorld and 34to11 like this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

@Bobbythegreat I'm curious if there is any player you disliked that you've come around on in your lifetime?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably, but typically if I don't like a player, there's a reason for it and it's not personal. Usually it's because I don't like their game and it's a fairly thought out thing.

I've had players that I didn't like that I ended up enjoying some of their games, but usually they still were the players that I thought they were in the end.

Josh Smith comes to mind. I certainly appreciated him helping the Rockets come back against the Clippers....but he was still a godawful chucker who got by on raw athleticism for a little while then fell off.

I'm not sure there's ever been a player that I thought was terrible who ended up actually being good, could have happened, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

If Jalen Green eventually becomes a good player, perhaps he'll be the first.

Caesar likes this.