1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Miller....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

It’s funny cause as a Coog fan I f##king hate Brandon Miller and Alabama, and I think Jarace Walker will be a much better player in the NBA than Brandon Miller. Obviously my opinion is biased. But I can accept whoever we get, even Miller, as long as his assists from here on out don’t involve firearms.

Believe It!, ArtV and Sooty like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Landry's Tooth

If we get Miller by some miracle, I want Amari Bailey at 20 and get a veteran to sit in front of him for a year.

True freshman from ucla.

Here's what he did his last 6 games, all sudden death tournament games (Pac12/NCAA):

17.3 points
    3 assists
    4.8 rebounds
    58.8% from 2
    46.7% from 3
    6'5" / 185

He also plays defense.

Scouts were raving at the combine about his playmaking. They played him as a 1 in the scrimmage. I think he could be an underrated if being viewed as a 1 instead of 2.

I think it's a worthy gamble that something may have clicked with him. Even so, he shot 39% from 3 over the full season so it's not a shooting fluke...

4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

WOJ In three hours: "In a serious turn of events..."

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I think those things do translate well and he can create better than Jabari, but it's just a really boring prospect in comparison to an Amen that makes you dream of what he becomes when panning out right.

Y2JT likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Charlotte knows Portland wants Scoot and/or knows that a team is trading up for Scoot, depending on the package Portland might be entertaining, maybe CHA wants that and more?

Either way both teams know the Rockets will take either PG happily and are wondering what they can get from Houston, it then makes sense why all this smoke comes out as we near draft time.

Aruba77 likes this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Also read on another board Miller was 34% on NBA range 3’s. Scoot was 33% I think.

Believe It!, Verbal Christ and Yung-T like this.
  8. NewAge

NewAge Member

Hmmm. You want a very exciting and athletic guard, and we end up with a boring forward from Alabama? Sounds familiar…

blue_eyed_devil and Yung-T like this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Now all we need is a great generational African center.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Miller said a lot more than that during the interview. lol.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So it seems like Woj says Miller goes 2. Shams and Vegas say Scoot. Is that right?

12. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I bet on Vegas all day

MrButtocks, RasaqBoi and ArtV like this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I’m taking Vegas over Woj.

it’s Scott. Amen. Miller

2-4

bleedroxred79 likes this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Who knows. This crap changes by the minute. The only thing I rely on is time. Time has the final answer - the rest of this is just manufactured drama to get clicks and beat each other to "insider news". We'll all know tonight.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. NewAge

NewAge Member

If I am buying a team for $3B I’m prolly looking at the more marketable player, which is Scoot…

theDude and RasaqBoi like this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Told y'all there was a chance Portland could prefer Amen to Miller given their draft history and the kinds of players they like. There's a subset of posters here who are willfully ignoring that Amen was in and out of the #3 spot in mock drafts throughout much of the year. He's above Miller on my draft board and I wouldn't be surprised if he is on a few teams' boards as well, and Portland could be one of them, or they could have the two very close in the same tier.

If Miller slips past Charlotte the odds will go up considerably that we end up with him.

Even after all this smoke, I do still think the highest odds are Scoot -> Miller -> Amen but I don't think the Miller/Amen question in particular is as settled as some on CF seem to think it is.

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Agree. I really want Walker and I fear Miller is going to fall to #4. I see all kinds of red flags on Miller. His mentality isn't needed anywhere around this team. There is only so much Ime can do when there are a bunch of boneheads and not enough/any real leaders (besides Head Honcho). My acceptance of Miller on this team is going to be with extreme caution.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Do you know what I keep coming back to you is that I just doubt that LaMelo Ball wants to share the ball as co primary initiators. Can they coexist? Sure.

I think Charlotte is smart enough. At this point to know they could trade with Houston probably squeeze a tiny something out of us and still get Miller at four.

19. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

This guy is trying to piss Jordan off…Jordan drafting Scoot…darn

20. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

This guy is trying to piss Jordan off…Jordan drafting Scoot…darn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.