1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Player Assessment] Kevin Porter Jr.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

But it would have been better if you had come back with an answer...you know, a good faith reply instead of the tantrum you went with.

You know that you're wrong, it's obvious.

You know for a fact that it's completely fair to criticize poor performance, you're just too committed to your schtick to admit it.

If KPJ was as awful as Green and Smith were last year, would it be fair to criticize him or would that cause you to throw a tantrum too?

2. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I just responded with your answer. Really shouldn't have to. It's pretty obvious to most.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So the answer is, yes, you'd throw a tantrum if anyone was criticized for poor performance.

Fair enough, I figured you'd stick to your schtick and you did.

4. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LOL. Crying, tears, tantrums....

Common theme you spit out defending your ish.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They are accurate descriptors of what you are doing. You might as well have mascara running down your face screaming "LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE" at this point.

You've made your point though, that you don't think "fans" should ever criticize players no matter how poorly they perform. I can accept that is your stated position. However, I don't think any intelligent person would hold that position, so I reject it.

Have a good day.

6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Wish kpj supporters were talking along these lines...instead the narrative is 'he has all star potential and can make the jump any minute, it was right that he was given the minutes and the role in the team, his 5.7 assists per game is proof of his playmaking abilities, he is the best defender on the team etc.'

I personally don't like players with kpj type of attitude on the court and his skills are nowhere near the level that makes me ignore it. And lastly, I am also not sure whether kpj will be content with the role that he will have when things progress in a natural way.

7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

And a good day to you fine gentleman.

Keep on being Grrrrreat!

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Most fervent internet troll in the game or most self unaware person in internet history?

The world may never know.

9. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I laughed at them too lol it getting ridiculous

#489 Roxfan4lyfe, Jun 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  10. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

that falls on the coaches it’s there job to put a player in the best position to be successful

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Just saying...remember that when you think of Fertitta's comments about KPJ...

12. MystikArkitect

Warriors sent their KPj to the Wizards for CP3 who they're probably waiving. That's a good barometer on what KPjs trade value is right about now.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

KPJ is better than his contract, is the best shooter on the team, the best creator off the iso, the best catch and shoot, the best defender, and is just getting better.

People that b**** about him, over and over have nothing really other than he threw a tantrum at 21 years old.....who F....ing cares?

He has turned into a borderline all star player and will only get better whether it is here in Houston or elsewhere....and it is fun to see a turnaround like that.

As for the Warriors they are trying to milk one more championship out of an aging roster, it won't work, never does.

DD

maj21 likes this.
  14. fattz

fattz Member

I agree with your stand on Porter.
    What else are the GSW supposed to do but try and win? I wish the Rockets were in that same situation.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Borderline all star….

By that logic the Rockets were a borderline playoff team.

So close!

16. maj21

maj21 Member

You’re so desperate lol

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

From the reaction in the NBA ecosphere GS already won the title next year! Why would they waive him? This is literally the only time I’ve heard mention of him being waived. Crazy example just to thrust your KPJ 2 cents into it.
    [​IMG]

18. maj21

maj21 Member

Huh? Didn’t know Poole was the best player on the Warriors last season

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Best shooter and catch and shoot… Absolutely.

Best ISO…. Eh. I guess but Green generates better drives to the rim. KPJ definitely good at creating and hitting the middy.

Best defender….No. Maybe better to phrase it least bad of the backcourt. Better than Tate?

The future is draft Amen and let him develop into our perimeter stopper, and then let Green guard point guards. KPJ would thrive with the off ball looks and likely getting a smaller defender when teams go to put height on Amen.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lmao you're so desperate

Our best player is Alperen Sengun.

Our best scorer is Jalen Green.

Our best defenders are Tari Eason and Usman Garuba and Alperen Sengun.

mikenm268 likes this.