1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Miller....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JW86

JW86 Member

Haha that is gold. And of course we're stuck with the dumb Alabama kid, already going down the Barkley road of redneck low IQ takes.

matchesmalone likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I wanted(still want) Scoot. Miller next. I guess Amen after that. I will take Miller all freaking day though as a hopefully safer player (guess what Jabari is going to be a great piece on a winning team)

zeeshan2 likes this.
  3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Posturing for Vegas money

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In fairness, of course he said that his NBA player comp was the GOAT, no one believes him though.

amaru and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I prefer Amen over Scoot or Miller, but would be happy with Miller as a sniper on this team...he does look like a young PG

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

If Miller is there at #4, I think we should pull the trigger. We need shooting and he's one of the best in the draft. I don't like the off-court stuff, but that's where coaching and bringing in some strong vet leaders could help shape this team and its culture.

Bonuses are he's got some playmaking ability and defensive potential. I'll be surprised if he's there, but I was surprised we got Jabari last year. Should be a fun night!

r-fan-since-81 likes this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Guess I have to get comfortable with the guy who had the murder weapon in his car but says he didn’t know. Sorry, that still makes me very uneasy.

10. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

If Miller is there, take him.
    Sign FVV

FVV
    Green
    Miller
    Bari
    Sengun

anthony59237 likes this.
  11. mightybosstone

I don't love Miller because of the off-the-court stuff. I'd prefer Amen, and I think Amen both has the higher upside and fills the greater need. But if Portland takes Amen at 3 and Miller is sitting there at 4, I think it forces Houston's hand to take him there. That being said, if there's a team in that 5-8 range that really covets Miller and you could trade down to that spot and still get another player they covet (Whitmore, Ausar, Black, Walker or Hendricks) plus another major asset, the front office should seriously consider that.

I've heard that Orlando is really intrigued by Black, but they've got a ton of playmakers. If Miller falls, could that get them interested in considering the 6 + 11 for 4 + 20 swap, for example?

12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Elite shooter! One of the best shooters in college who was 6’9 and above, the next Kevin Durant! Where have I heard this before???

persian hoopa and Hank McDowell like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody had a problem with KPJ having a gun in his car when he was a Cav......

The difference was it did not lead to murder, homicide.

14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Who would we pick at 6 and 11? Ausar and Lively?

15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Who would we pick at 6 and 11? Ausar and Lively?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

We’re going from the nice guys to the bad boys. :cool:

Silas and the pushovers <—to—> Udoka, Miller and Brooks.

Still not buying it.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Scoot & Dame been working out together. Engaged, hmm?

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The biggest issue I have with him is this.

19. mightybosstone

No clue. Just depends on who is there at those spots and who they covet. If we believe what we've heard about them being fans of the Thompson twins and Whitmore, I could easily see it being Ausar or Cam at 6. But would I be shocked if they were fans of Black, Walker or Hendricks at 6? No. There's not a prospect in that 5-10 range who I think is just leaps and bounds better or worse than the others, but we don't know what the Rockets draft board looks like.

Assuming, though, that they do take a wing at 6 in this scenario, I'd like to think they'd be looking at PG or big men at 11. I personally like Lively and Wallace at that spot, but no clue who the front office would covet there.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

If Henderson goes second, the Blazers will find themselves deciding between Miller and Amen Thompson, who sources have said in recent days is in consideration for this selection. For now, Miller gets the nod as he’ll provide the type of versatile play at the wing/forward position that the Blazers desperately need. If the Blazers are intent on trading Damian Lillard, then an on-ball presence like Thompson should take on greater importance. But if they decide to keep Lillard, and need takes a greater importance, Miller would immediately be a constant threat to space the floor and a complementary playmaking presence.

Yung-T likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.