1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Identifying the Rockets core

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2022.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I actually think the biggest hype train belongs to Sengun. If teams want the "Baby Jokic" that can't shoot or defend, let them have him. Green has showed more promise than any of our young core

maj21 likes this.
  2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The core may involve some free birds wanting out. Not easy, not too fun, but PG and Randle have quietly asked to be dealt.

Same with nearly the entire Bulls team.

Xo

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

lol pg and randle and green , I just watched a youtube PG podcast and the it’s the common denominator . I think derozan was on it too .

demar / Lavine are green comps , maybe the org thinks they can bring one of them in an they will be a good mentor .

I like randle too and think he’s a good guy sengun can pattern his game after .

PG is a professional, I think , and his contract is only for another year or two right?

id be down to take on some contracts if the price is right .

sending out kpj and Tate is kinda bitter imo . Yes they have 3 years of losing , but both had injuries / were held out last year .

We better be getting value back because both of them are in bargain contracts .

I’m not sure how I feel about bringing in that group even though I kind of like the fits individually. Maybe get PG and draft Brandon miller and go triple with Jabari lol .

anyways , we gotta make some shake ups … but timing is key . I think we have to move before OKC .

4. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Good to see you! Hope all is well with you!

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He already leads the team in steals, he is our best defender when locked in.

DD

6. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

Idk if this is Rockets related, but it was interesting seeing Jalen on PG's podcast and both of them seemed to be enjoying themselves. I always wanted PG or a legit wing other than Ariza during Harden's prime. FWIW I don't believe the Rockets will trade for PG now, especially if Harden doesn't return. I'd rather just naturally keep building and push assets forward at a later time when other players at or near their prime are available. Also, Randle would be more of a headache than CWood LOL

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Hes bbbaaaccckkkk!!!

#BigCod
    #CodFluid

Hope all is well brother

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Patrick Williams please.

Glad to see u post brotha!

10. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

What if the Rockets traded for PG, signed Harden. That would boost 2 areas of need and allow Jalen to grow with stars.

11. Ancient Moabite

Sound about right (in your world), lets fleece a team by getting their best player and giving them our inferior hyped players because our best player has no trade value because he's the best 23 and under and most consistent long range shooter who had a better catch and shoot pct than the 14 year GOAT shooter this past season

Do you even believe a 1/4th of what you post when it comes to your favorite guard on the team?

Go thru the entire history of the league and show me a case where a 23 and under best player on a team couldn't garner any trade value on the market

You mean to tell me no team would even give a 50th pick back to the Rockets for KPJ?

What is his value?

His value it seems according to you is best player/guard on the team, so in this guard/wing driven era teams should lining up for the head (case) honcho, especially when factoring in that game against Bucks where he dropped a vintage 50 piece

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are you trying to be stupid?

I ask because I'll take pity on you if this really is the best you can do.

Could the Rockets get a 50th pick for the best guard on their roster... of course, but they couldn't replace the best guard on their roster for a 50th pick.

Could they get a top 10 pick with the best guard on their roster? No, probably not, so there's not a deal there.

13. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Caruso would be noice. So would Patrick Williams.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good to see you back.

I wonder if bringing in a tough defensive minded coach and the prospect of having to potentially earn their minutes might have influenced some of those "core" free birds to look for the exit.

That was unlikely to be fun for some of them.

15. PatBev

PatBev Member

Sengun nervous to be in the same conference as Wemby?

16. Ancient Moabite

So the best player KPJ has no trade value more superior than the inferior scrub players and they are all close in age being 23 and under?

Some of you love to throw around words like stupid etc

You must feel superman stupid

The best guard is closer to a 50th pick value but some how the scrubs could get a top 5-10 pick, using your measuring stick everybody in all facets of life are stupid and don't know no-thing

But at least you are consistent, props for that

In your wild world of sports what could KPJ bring back in a trade?

17. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Gotcha, it's not intentional, this is just the best you can do. Noted.

19. Ancient Moabite

Its all that is needed to be done

Still waiting on that list of best players 23 and under who has no actual trade value at all, and the scrubs have more

I'll be waiting perpetual forever and a day for that outstanding player list

Noted

anthony59237 likes this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Who wants to be out of Houston? Alpi and Green? Will they be willing to play with Amen?